Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Which motor would you choose for your Kia Stinger?

• 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cyl engine, 255 hp and 260 lb.-ft.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • 3.3-liter twin-turbo V6 engine, 365 hp and 376 lb.-ft.

Votes: 62 78.5%

• Total voters

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
3.3-liter for me.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Would depend on the options available and weight of the car. Ideally I would want a 4cyl RWD to keep the weight down for the best handling and efficiency. I hope the 4cyl is available with the adjustable suspension and other upper trim features.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Poland
What I Drive
1993 Subaru SVX 3.3 VTD
Currently I own 3.3 H6 which sports 230bhp and while it is more than enough for city and rural roads driving, on Autobahn one could always use some more power. Also, 6-cylinders make it more smooth and usually sound better, too.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Gotta be the 3.3 v6! If it does run 5.1 0-100km (0-62mph) here in Oz, it'll embarass the established V8 sedan establishment @ ford & holden

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Camaro RS, 2014 Corvette, 2009
Since my 2009 G8 GT has 361HP, I'd have to opt for the TT V-6 so I'm not disappointed. Hopefully they don't overprice the V6 in RWD format.

OP
KiaFan

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
So far the 3.3 liter is in the lead.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Life just got more exciting ... 0-100 (62mph) in 4.9 for the RWD GT!!!

http://www.caradvice.com.au/537456/kia-stinger-gt-0-100-time-confirmed/
Just read another Oz based article on this and it points out (correctly) that the Kia press release doesn't specify which drivetrain will provide the 4.9 sec time. I can't think of a RWD model producing a faster time than its AWD equivalent - only examples I can think of in the Oz market to support this statement are mostly Euro exotica (eg. Huracan) and Teslas. Hopefully more detail to come ...

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Just read another Oz based article on this and it points out (correctly) that the Kia press release doesn't specify which drivetrain will provide the 4.9 sec time. I can't think of a RWD model producing a faster time than its AWD equivalent - only examples I can think of in the Oz market to support this statement are mostly Euro exotica (eg. Huracan) and Teslas. Hopefully more detail to come ...
With a tune I bet this car can easily do it at around 4 seconds. Still impressive numbers nevertheless.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Just read the comments from the 'caradvice' article from my earlier post. Apparently Kia Oz confirmed that 4.9 is for the RWD. They didn't provide any info on the AWD, which is fair enough given its not coming here

OP
KiaFan

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #13
Makes sense, it's going to be interesting to see real world numbers for both platforms.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
V6 for me. Last time around I settled for a turbo four, mostly because I wanted good gas mileage. Not making that mistake again; I've missed the smoothness, power and sound of a 6 cylinder.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
With gas getting more expensive in CA, I'm highly considering the 2.0-liter over the 3.3-liter as long as AWD is an option on both.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Optima
3.3TT for me......

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Jumpy

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Four cylinder because I can't afford a GT, lol. My budget is like 35k.

I'm actually between this and the new Camry XSE V6. I know these are considered different categories, but they both appeal to me and are similar in price. Anything else I should consider?

OP
KiaFan

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #19
I don't think you can find a better car for the money than the Stinger.

Four cylinder because I can't afford a GT, lol. My budget is like 35k.

I'm actually between this and the new Camry XSE V6. I know these are considered different categories, but they both appeal to me and are similar in price. Anything else I should consider?

McSlade

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Focus RS
I am really excited to get the Stinger as a daily driver and a road trip car! I'm going to go with the 4cyl.

I currently have a 300hp X1 and a Focus RS. Regular driving I really don't use all of the power. Spirited mountain runs with the RS are another story.