Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Who plans on ordering their Kia Stinger with AWD?

Who plans on ordering their Kia Stinger with AWD?

• Yes

Votes: 42 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 30.0%

• Total voters

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
The Kia Stinger comes with optional Dynamic Torque Vectoring Control system. Who plans on ordering their Kia Stinger with AWD?

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I would love to get this in AWD as long as they make it available with the twin turbo v6.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
It will depend on the weight difference and price point for me.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
RWD for me. Don't need the extra weight up front, and I'm in FL so no snow.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Poland
What I Drive
1993 Subaru SVX 3.3 VTD
The kind of AWD setup employed here is critical for my interest in buying the car. What I drive at the moment is the 1993 Subaru SVX with VTD, which means 36:64 front-rear torque distribution + the rear features LSD.
If what Kia will sport is in any way similar - I'm in. If it's gonna be something like Infiniti Q60 and the front will join only in situation when you lose traction, then that's bollocks. One can neither drift nor properly control the car in turns as the computer might kick in in an unexpected way.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Camaro RS, 2014 Corvette, 2009
I prefer the true thrill of RWD using my old school skills to navigate poor weather conditions whilst having a more affordable, less complex car that weighs less.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Fusion Sport
AWD. My Fusion Sport now launches like a beast because it can put power down on all 4 wheels. But it is front wheel based. A rear wheel based system would be an improvement.

Reactions
State
PR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Azera
It's depend on price vs MPH plus acceleration !

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Another question is whether they plan on offering AWD in both engine trims.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
There will be AWD available on both trims, but with the Dynamic Torque Vectoring Control system you wouldn't need it unless you lived in a snowy climate. Less cost, less complexity, less weight, and faster 0-60 times.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thats great news

There will be AWD available on both trims, but with the Dynamic Torque Vectoring Control system you wouldn't need it unless you lived in a snowy climate. Less cost, less complexity, less weight, and faster 0-60 times.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
As a disclaimer, these answers come from the guy at the Dallas Auto Show (who gave the pen to me) who was at the big reveal in January as well. I bombarded him with questions (even coming back twice later with more) but he didn't seem to mind - he let my wife and I step up onto the pedestal and over the glass guard to look at, and get into, the demo Stinger they had there (the picture on my profile page). I felt like a celebrity as there were other people standing there and others coming by looking up at us like "who are those people?" It was really fun. My wife was pretty on board until then, but seeing it and getting inside of it in person sealed the deal. :)

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
As a disclaimer, these answers come from the guy at the Dallas Auto Show (who gave the pen to me) who was at the big reveal in January as well. I bombarded him with questions (even coming back twice later with more) but he didn't seem to mind - he let my wife and I step up onto the pedestal and over the glass guard to look at, and get into, the demo Stinger they had there (the picture on my profile page). I felt like a celebrity as there were other people standing there and others coming by looking up at us like "who are those people?" It was really fun. My wife was pretty on board until then, but seeing it and getting inside of it in person sealed the deal. :)
haha that's great. I went to the Dallas Auto Show this year just for the Stinger too.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
It is our usual annual date, but the Stinger was definitely the big draw for us this year. I had never been on a Friday morning/afternoon time frame and it was awesome. We are in our early 40's and we were some of the youngest people there (because everyone else was at school and work). Ha! Plus there weren't the big crowds so we had plenty of time to look, sit in, and ask questions and take picture.

Sorento

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
What I Drive
KIA Sorento Executive 2016
I will order the KIA Stinger 2.2 CRDi AWD AUT with the GT/GT LINE Performance/styling Package in Grey. I will use it as an company car so it needs to fit the car policy, my KIA dealear is working on that. Please note that is for the EU market.

Mike_10

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2001 BMW 330i
I'd probably go with RWD. I don't know what kind of tires the 6cyl comes with from the factory but I should be able to can get away with a good set of all seasons all year round in the MID Atlantic area. My wife has the AWD SUV(2017 Kia Sportage) so that would take majority of the winter driving if the weather gets sketchy. RWD, staggered wheels, how can you go wrong.

BobFr

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2008 Mitsubishi Evolution MR
Since I live on the Gulf Coast, RWD would be my choice unless the torque-vectoring AWD gives it a handling advantage. I currently have an AWD Mitsubishi Evolution MR with a torque-vectoring rear differential, and the handling is good wet or dry. But the Evo is essentially a rally car which gives up a lot of comfort for handling and speed. Since the Stinger is more of a GT car, I hope it can exploit the potential handling advantages of AWD while maintaining the comfort.

Charly

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2005 Nissan 350Z
RWD here. I'm willing to give up traction on sketchy surfaces and better acceleration off the line for less weight, less rotational inertia, better acceleration once the rears stop spinning, and less parts to break. It snows 2 inches here once every other year and we have a SUV to drive in the snow. Might even put summer tires on once the OEMs wear out - I'm driving RWD with summer tires now.

KShock

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
Stinger GT and GT Limited in Canada only come with AWD. No choice available, at least on the first 200 they?re bringing up here.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Stinger GT and GT Limited in Canada only come with AWD. No choice available, at least on the first 200 they?re bringing up here.
Whats the difference between the GT and Limited for you guys up in Canada?