Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Would you purchase a Kia Stinger Coupe?

• Yes

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
07 Pilot, 99 Dakota R/T
Hell yeah I would love something like this.
I agree I would love a wagon option. Rumor is an SUV based upon the platform in late 2018 and hopefully we would get a wagon also. Long ago when I read stories of the first AMG Hammer the idea of a true sport wagon was on my list of dream cars. No idea why, perhaps it is the "sleeper" effect. :)

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I voted "No" on the coupe but would love to see a wagon be available in the future. AWD wagons are really rare these days.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
They should break down and make one. Coupes don't sell in huge numbers, but almost everything they're competing against offers a coupe; A5, 4 series, C coupe, Q60, RC, ats.

It's a fairly sexy design in hatch form, they could very easily make a drop dead gorgeous two door if they wanted to.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
4-door for practicality reason.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
My GTO is a coupe and while there is actually very good back seat room, it takes an acrobat to get back there. But if you don't use the rear seat often (I've had maybe two people back there in 13 years since it was new), the coupe is a sleeker car. But I'm not a style fanatic. I'm a gearhead.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Already have a coupe, and honestly I think a wagon will be a better option, sadly the market does not favor coupes or Wagons here in the US. I know across the pond it is a different story. But I would love to have a wagon.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
KIA Stinger GT 3.3 AWD EU
For me one of the big pros of the stinger is, that it looks very sporty and coupe-like considering that it?s a four door sedan. Compared to an A5 Sportback for example (which also is a hatchback), the Stinger looks much more dynamic and much more like a coupe. So it?s basically a car that combines the sporty look of a coupe with the practicality of a sedan. That?s my opinion - so for me it?s perfect.

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
The Stinger is DEFINITELY a grand touring hatchback. I have a Mazda3 GT 5 door hatchback manual and its like a baby Stinger.

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
Wagon, SUV, coupe? Meh. I already have and had SUVS. i've had coupes and wagons. I think the Stinger as is the perfect mix of all -- with the huge hatch in the back. and awd. it's perfect except for the faux vents.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I prefer it to be a sedan/hatch.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
kia-stinger-sportswagon-rendering-EDIT.jpg

Dream Car. AWD Stinger GT Touring with TSW Chrono wheels and a rooftop rack/box system. [driving]

(excuse the hasty photoshop hack job)

Last edited:
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Maybe, but I'd have to see it in person.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
Wagon mmmmm

I would love a sport wagon for my DD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk