Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What car will you be replacing with your Kia Stinger?

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I'd love to see what people were driving before they made the switch. Please share what you would be replacing with your Kia Stinger.

Attachments

djejnyc

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Mazda 6 GT
I currently drive a 2016 Mazda 6 GT, looking at an Audi A4 or Volvo S60 (yet to be released next generation). My wife an I are seriously looking at this car for our next lease.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
We currently have an Audi A6, but this is definitely on my list of cars to consider. Can't wait to test drive this thing.

G82GT

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2008 Pontiac G8 GT
Lexus NX 200t daily driver and a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT for fun...

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
If all goes well this will be replacing my wife's Ford Fusion.

S420merc

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
I am currently in a Bmw X1 lease if this drives nice and lease is bellow my BMW lease i will flip into the KIA

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2013 Land Rover Freelander
I am renewing a 2013 Freelander 2 XS. I really like the look of this car, but the specs were a little disappointing upon reading compared to the Audi S5 Sportback which I am considering. The KIA is 0-62 5.1 secs 362bhp as apposed to the Audi S5 0-62 4.7 secs 354bhp. I can understand the desire to compete with the likes of Audi & BMW, but as great as it looks it should be at least a tad faster with 362bhp!! Anyone who is considering buying one will first look at road tests & segment comparisons (with the Germans) which is where it will be let down in terms of interior quality & performance, plus it still has that 'badge' which is just not seen as a premium brand. Maybe one day it will, just look at Skoda, it has taken them years & years and people are still a bit embarrassed to admit owning one. KIA would have been better to launch this range under another new brand name like the Lexus/Toyota differential. Also, I hate the name 'stinger'. Something like just GT with a model badge underneath such as (362 AWD) is much better imho.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I'm hoping that the numbers are conservative. I guess we'll see once we see more reviews.

I am renewing a 2013 Freelander 2 XS. I really like the look of this car, but the specs were a little disappointing upon reading compared to the Audi S5 Sportback which I am considering. The KIA is 0-62 5.1 secs 362bhp as apposed to the Audi S5 0-62 4.7 secs 354bhp. I can understand the desire to compete with the likes of Audi & BMW, but as great as it looks it should be at least a tad faster with 362bhp!! Anyone who is considering buying one will first look at road tests & segment comparisons (with the Germans) which is where it will be let down in terms of interior quality & performance, plus it still has that 'badge' which is just not seen as a premium brand. Maybe one day it will, just look at Skoda, it has taken them years & years and people are still a bit embarrassed to admit owning one. KIA would have been better to launch this range under another new brand name like the Lexus/Toyota differential. Also, I hate the name 'stinger'. Something like just GT with a model badge underneath such as (362 AWD) is much better imho.

Attachments

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
08 Accord coupe V6 manual. The manual is fun and I would miss it, but its not the best handling car.

IMG_2157.jpg

OP
StingerMike

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thread Starter #10
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
2004 Mini Cooper S

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Rio
Kia Rio

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Belgium
What I Drive
Waiting for my Stinger 3.3 V6 AWD
The Stinger will replace a 2017 Mazda 6. I also own a Lexus 1999 IS 200 since 2006.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Singapore
Mitsubishi Evolution 10 GSR

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
2012 Civic Si Coupe. Although I really enjoy my car I am ready to get something a bit more sophisticated. I was looking at the VW Golf R and Audi S3 before I found out about the Stinger a couple of weeks ago. Now the Stinger is at the top of my very short list. Haven't seen one in person yet but it looks almost perfect.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
2012 Civic Si Coupe. Although I really enjoy my car I am ready to get something a bit more sophisticated. I was looking at the VW Golf R and Audi S3 before I found out about the Stinger a couple of weeks ago. Now the Stinger is at the top of my very short list. Haven't seen one in person yet but it looks almost perfect.
I have an S3 right now, trust me with all the problems I've been having with my MMI you'll be glad you didn't get the S3.

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
I have an S3 right now, trust me with all the problems I've been having with my MMI you'll be glad you didn't get the S3.
Wow, yeah I heard about issues. Also the higher repair/maintenance costs with ownership in general. In that respect, I was glad to see the Stinger alternative....

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Lexus NX 200t daily driver and a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT for fun...
Another G8 owner, glad to have you bud! But please, do not get rid of the G8. It's a diamond in the rough, which I'm sure know already lol

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Range Rover Evoque
The Stinger would be replacing my black 1998 Honda Accord coupe, which has around 270,000 miles on it and still going.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Corvette Z06, 2018 Stinger GT
We've just recently sold our Nissan Altima, the Stinger will just be a second car for us.