Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

400whp Kia Stinger achievable with a tune?

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Do you guys think 400whp would be achievable with a simple performance tune on the Kia Stinger?

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I would love to see that possibility and see Kia grow in the tuner market.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
It would be nice to finally get companies like Cobb offering AP for Kia.

Reactions
State
PR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Azera
Just with a exhaust header and a pulleys it could archives 400 IMHO !!!!

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Just with a exhaust header and a pulleys it could archives 400 IMHO !!!!
I'm thinking more like a tune and down pipes should easily achieve 400bhp, to achieve 400whp we'll have to see what these cars dyno stock.

Reactions
City
Surprise
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger
Turbo cars are ridiculously easy to tune since manufacturers build a wide safety net into the stock program. You never know if your average customer is going to run low grade and do proper maintenance.

What are people getting with turbo Optima's? This might serve as a good measuring stick for what we could see on tuned Stinger's.

One downside is it can sometimes take a year for a new model to get a canned tune... :(

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Turbo cars are ridiculously easy to tune since manufacturers build a wide safety net into the stock program. You never know if your average customer is going to run low grade and do proper maintenance.

What are people getting with turbo Optima's? This might serve as a good measuring stick for what we could see on tuned Stinger's.

One downside is it can sometimes take a year for a new model to get a canned tune... :(
Agreed and I'm hoping to see more tuners come on board.

The only thing I can find on the Optima is from a company called Lap3 making 290 whp.
[video=youtube;ojwxD97jiLQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojwxD97jiLQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Reactions
City
Surprise
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Fusion Sport

Agree. My tune on my Fusion Sport (V6 TT) has already added 75 HPs (nearing 400) and they are still making improvements as they dive deeper. Although that engine has been out a little longer in other cars than this one. I do worry about the lag time in tunes and performance parts in a new model like this, but it is also fun adding them as they are being developed. Little gifts along the way.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Agree. My tune on my Fusion Sport (V6 TT) has already added 75 HPs (nearing 400) and they are still making improvements as they dive deeper. Although that engine has been out a little longer in other cars than this one. I do worry about the lag time in tunes and performance parts in a new model like this, but it is also fun adding them as they are being developed. Little gifts along the way.
My wife has a Ford Fusion as well, not the Sport though. What tune did you go with?

Reactions
State
PR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Azera
Hope that at the time they come to market it's a good Affordable tune kit for new owners !!!

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Hope that at the time they come to market it's a good Affordable tune kit for new owners !!!
Tune, downpipes and an exhaust should be just right for me. I may end up lowering it and throw on some aftermarket wheels.

Reactions
State
PR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Azera
Tune, downpipes and an exhaust should be just right for me. I may end up lowering it and throw on some aftermarket wheels.
I will do all that plus roof spoiler painted and tinted glasses !!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
I hope the car is underrated, based an all the reviews at the moment the one thing in common is that the car has a good midrange but was dropping off at the high end, it could be for all sorts of reasons but based on the engine pics the turbos look extremely small. I hope the car can break the 400whp barrier with just basic bolt-ons and tune, if it requires turbo replacement to achieve it, then it could be a deal breaker for me.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
If hope so too. I was watching a couple of videos online regarding the MB's 3.0 V6 that is easily tune-able to 450hp and 500lb-ft.

Reactions
State
PR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Azera
I hope that too !! 365 HP don't know if WHP will be sustancialy different but I doubt it !!

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
This car seems extremely underrated in the numbers department imo.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
This car seems extremely underrated in the numbers department imo.
The 0-60 numbers are definitely underrated. The 1/4 mile numbers from Kia are pretty spot on. More than likely the WHP numbers are being overrated by dynos rather than underrated by Kia.

Bkeysting

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
I'll let you guys know in the next couple of weeks. Got tuned, waiting on dyno.