Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

A bunch of questions about the Stinger..

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
I have a bunch of questions about the Stinger that I can't seem to find the answers for online, I am guessing they still didn't release these details but just incase somebody knows the answer,

1. Does it have launch control?
2. Whats size is the screen?
3. Does it have Surround View Monitor?
4. Will the brown interior be available?
5. Automatic folding mirrors?
6. Daul HID headlights? (Low & high beam)
7. In manual mode will it hit the rev limiter or shift automatically?
8. Will it have a boost gauge, g-meter, lap timer, 0-60 etc.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
This is what I gathered from the rep at the DFW auto show.

I have a bunch of questions about the Stinger that I can't seem to find the answers for online, I am guessing they still didn't release these details but just incase somebody knows the answer,

2. Whats size is the screen?
Around 8"

3. Does it have Surround View Monitor?
Yes, front, rear and side (on the mirrors) cameras.

5. Automatic folding mirrors?
Yes

6. Daul HID headlights? (Low & high beam)
High and low LED

8. Will it have a boost gauge, g-meter, lap timer, 0-60 etc.
G-Force Tracker and Lap-Time Monitor

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Some pictures that I took showing the Kia Stinger Surround View Monitor Cameras

Reactions
State
PR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Azera
I read something about electric help lounge control recently !!

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
The Kia Stinger AWD will indeed have launch control.

===============================
Text Source: Korea Herald

Kia Motors Corp., South Korea's second-biggest carmaker by sales, on Tuesday unveiled the high-performance features of its Stinger sports sedan ahead of the planned launch next month.

The car will be domestically available in three trims fitted with a 2.0 twin-turbo, a 3.3 twin-turbo, and a 2.2 diesel engine all mated to eight-speed automatic gear box, the company said. The 3.3 turbo with 370 horsepower on tap and 52.0 kilogram-force meter of torque can push the car from naught to 100 kilometers per hour in 4.9 seconds, Kia said in a statement.

The all-wheel drive Stinger also carries a launch control function, an electric aid to assist drivers in accelerating rapidly from a standing start.

In the domestic market, the Stinger will be Kia's first sedan that carries an independent badge without the KIA logo. But it will be sold overseas with the KIA logo that can boost sales.

The starting price of the new model, fully equipped, will be in the upper end of the 30-million-won range (about $27,000), a company spokesman said.

The company has yet to decide on the Stinger's timeframe for exports.

Kia introduced its Audi A4 challenger in Geneva, Detroit and Seoul from January to March.

For customers who expect high-performance brakes, Kia plans to selectively offer Brembos that are on cars made by Ferrari.

Besides its racing credentials, the Stinger boasts of five driving modes -- sport, comfort, eco, smart and custom -- depending on the driver's preference. Altering the modes can change the throttle response, steering feel and overall engine output.

The car will have highway driving assist, active lane keep assist and forward collision alert systems to enhance its safety, the company said. (Yonhap)

Reactions
State
PR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Azera
It's all your questions answered ???

OP
STINGER
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Thread Starter #7
It's all your questions answered ???
Yes, for now the LC is confirmed for the AWD, but since they quoted the RWD with 4.9sec I am sure it will have LC also.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
I sure hope that Kia decides to lose the rear Kia badge in favor of the Stinger one.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
That's cool it'll have launch control! How about "line lock" for the front wheels so we can do awesome burnouts! :) LOL Not holding my breath for the line lock...

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Agreed, now that we've seen the "Stinger" badging in the rear, I really prefer that look.