Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Would you guys consider the diesel engine if it was made available in North America?

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Possibly. I used to have a 06 Jetta TDI and even though it only had 100hp / 175tq, it was very punchy at low rpm. The mileage was the best part.

The Stinger diesel would offer the off-the-line acceleration of the V6 and mpg similar or better than the gas 4cyl.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
From the announcement I was reading the other day sadly I don't think we'll get the diesel.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I wouldn't consider it. I don't like diesels in cars. In trucks and vans they're great! But not cars. Diesel fuel is also more expensive in the US than regular gas.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
With gas prices being relatively low it's hard to justify the extra cost to purchase a diesel.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I wouldn't just for the fact it's a sports car. If it was a Jetta like BahamaTodd had then maybe. I'm sure it'll sell across the pond though... they love them

BobFr

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2008 Mitsubishi Evolution MR
A diesel in this GT car doesn't seem right to me. I appreciate that high European fuel costs push diesel sales, but giving up the 3.3 TT for a diesel on a twisty mountain road doesn't seem like the way to go in the US!