Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

3.3 Stinger power development

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I have a sort of request. If you have ready access to a dyno, it would be interesting to see power figures with 89 octane, 92/92 octane, and whatever higher octane you have access to. Thanks!

ma1tr!x

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2013 Veloster Turbo
We have 91, 95 and 98 RON unleaded around Adelaide (and most of Australia). Converts to 87, 90 and 93/94 AKI (Personally I would NOT run 91 RON in any car made in the last 15 years.) E10/P100 blends are around, but E85 blends are still somewhat rare.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
The Ford Fiesta ST's performance is best on E20, interestingly. That's kind of where I'm going here. The car perks up when using 93 MON over the 89. I'm wondering if the ECU is able to increase performance to higher octane levels, above 93 MON.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Unless the ECU has the tunning tables for the higher octane gas (higher than what is available at gas stations), you will see no gain from putting a higher octane fuel in it. The only difference you will feel is from the more efficient combustion with the higher octane gas.

This will change once the ECU program is cracked and you are able to tune the car for the specific fuel and modification done the engine.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
[MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION] any updates on shipping?

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #146
Hey guys. So sorry for lack of updates. Ok so we fitted a unichip to our GT along with our cat back exhaust, cai and stage 1 cooler kit. Results look pretty good. Will put it back on our original dyno as every chassis dyno varies, i think we will see around 340rwkw . This way we can see exactly what improvements we have. Our intake and cooler kits will be officially released later this week. So sorry guys we have been waiting for tuning software to prove our products.

Will post update with official release of our products in next day or so
Kind regards Jon

Attachments

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Jon, do you know if unichip plans on selling those tunes to North America? I've sent an email to their contact in Canada but never heard back.

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #148
Jon, do you know if unichip plans on selling those tunes to North America? I've sent an email to their contact in Canada but never heard back.
Hi Mike i am not 100% sure. I will pass your enquiry over to unichip Australia for you. We will be still doing reflash down the track but for now we want to push this as far as we can as its complete plug n play and wont show up on any scan software as a reflash will.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Hi Mike i am not 100% sure. I will pass your enquiry over to unichip Australia for you. We will be still doing reflash down the track but for now we want to push this as far as we can as its complete plug n play and wont show up on any scan software as a reflash will.
Thanks Jon appreciate it. The latest dyno numbers look great.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GTLimited
I did the same Mike-nothing back!

Mikey_Boy

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
New Zealand
What I Drive
2017 Mercedes C63s AMG
[MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION]
I would love to get more information on purchasing...well basically everything you have done to your car. [rockon] I'm making a move to New Zealand soon, so I figure freight from AU shouldn't be too bad. The Stinger is pretty high on my list of vehicles to purchase - and coming from a 2017 C63s, I like fast!

Also, would love your take on how all this stuff complies with NZ regulations as I have zero clue.

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #153
Hey guys

Sorry for lack of updates. We are just about to officially release our products, I know its taken some time but we like to make sure everything is correct. If anyone would like to contact me just head to my website J

Jonnytig.com

I will post an update soon when we do the official release

Speak soon kindest regards Jon

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Hey guys

Sorry for lack of updates. We are just about to officially release our products, I know its taken some time but we like to make sure everything is correct. If anyone would like to contact me just head to my website J

Jonnytig.com

I will post an update soon when we do the official release

Speak soon kindest regards Jon
Jonny you need a major update to your website lol.

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #155
Jonny you need a major update to your website lol.
Meah its ok for a selfbuilt site when i have no time. Too busy to sink more time into it yet

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #156
Quick update guys. We ran the Stinger again and i guess found the limit of unwarmed 255 continental tyres on rear. Went 12.2 with lots of spin off line. Crap 2sec 60ft. Mods are JT intake, JT stage 1 cooler kit and JT cat back exhaust with Uncle chip. We will do down pipes with 100cell cats with a reflash and run some MT et streets next meet. Will keep you guys updated

Kindest regards Jon

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Quick update guys. We ran the Stinger again and i guess found the limit of unwarmed 255 continental tyres on rear. Went 12.2 with lots of spin off line. Crap 2sec 60ft. Mods are JT intake, JT stage 1 cooler kit and JT cat back exhaust with Uncle chip. We will do down pipes with 100cell cats with a reflash and run some MT et streets next meet. Will keep you guys updated

Kindest regards Jon
Great job, jon!!!!

Anarchy99

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Just ordered my intake and cooler! Ready to see how this does and watch what?s next :)

AuStinger

Reactions
State
VI
Country
Australia
Any body have instructions goes to install the cooler?
Just opened mine and have only the cold air intakes not the cooler. And it's sunday can't get in contact with them

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT
Meah its ok for a selfbuilt site when i have no time. Too busy to sink more time into it yet

[MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION] I would be happy to build you a new website. Been doing web design for 12+ years. We could trade services... CAI and Intercooler for a badass new website with all the bells and whistles. Message me if interested.

Can you expand on what this involves: "To enable fitting of the ductwork the plastic factory radiator duct needs trimming in the two outer corners to enable the ducts to feed from directly behind grille."

Keep up the good work.