Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

From a Challenger GT to Stinger GT :)

Djrumdada

Reactions
City
Pittsburgh
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Good choice.(y)

If the SRT Challenger/Charger came in AWD, it would've made for an interesting competitor for cold climate drivers.

But alas, no V8 AWD for those two models (much less an SRT version, which would've compared to the Stinger GT).

OP
D

Djrumdada

Reactions
City
Pittsburgh
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Thread Starter #3
Good choice.(y)

If the SRT Challenger/Charger came in AWD, it would've made for an interesting competitor for cold climate drivers.

But alas, no V8 AWD for those two models (much less an SRT version, which would've compared to the Stinger GT).
Yes the need for awd in my climate is a must I’m my opinion, I like to have that peace of mind.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Congrats and welcome!

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Yes the need for awd in my climate is a must I’m my opinion, I like to have that peace of mind.
I drove muscle cars through Winters for decades. Not fun anymore. Also, considerable hp increases over the years means that modern muscle cars usually can't put down that power and are radically inconsistent. AWD is the way to go.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Congratulations and welcome! Pics!

Geobala

Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
I switched from a Audi A6 to my Stinger, I have been happy with the change

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Welcome aboard and congratulations on the upgrade!

Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
I drove muscle cars through Winters for decades. Not fun anymore. Also, considerable hp increases over the years means that modern muscle cars usually can't put down that power and are radically inconsistent. AWD is the way to go.
Ah memories... filling the trunk of my 72 Mustang with cinder blocks.... and then bagsof kitty litteri n the Firebirds..... AWD is a very good addiction I've developed.

Congrats

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Ah memories... filling the trunk of my 72 Mustang with cinder blocks.... and then bagsof kitty litteri n the Firebirds..... AWD is a very good addiction I've developed.

Congrats
You relayed my experiences exactly! lol

I loved my S550 Mustang GT, but I wanted a high performance all-season single car solution and the AWD Stinger GT fits the bill.(y)

Attachments

Corallus

Reactions
City
Green Valley
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
I realize this post is a bit old but I am fascinated that you went from the Challenger GT AWD to Stinger GT since those are the 2 cars I am trying to decide between (well I would buy the GT Ltd / GT2). I watched some of your early vids where you shared your love for the Challenger.
Can you summarize what made you decide to make the change?
What do you miss about the Challenger (there must be something? :) )
Cheers

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive