Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

Help!

GW16

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
My 2018 Stinger GT AWD about three months ago had a warning light saying check electronic suspension….due to pandemic they did not take my vehicle in straight away. When it finally did get in they said the issue was a G sensor and they replaced it…I was just over the 100,000 km but Kia covered the sensor. This week the check electronic suspension came on again….same message but this time when I took it to the Service department they informed me that the Driver side front strut was gone and that the passenger side actuator was leaking and I would need both front strut assemblies replaced. The cost to me is $3500 plus a front end alignment.
I would like to hear from other Stinger owners…this car has NEVER seen a gravel road. I drive two hours a day on a paved highway. Is this a common problem should I be asking questions this repair is financially significant.
This is after I did both front and rear brakes on this vehicle and have replaced the original tires even though the tires only see half the year as I purchased winters when I bought the car. I bought I’m 51 and the only driver and seldom push this car but have had a lot of issues.
Any thoughts are appreciated.
I should note that when I did the brakes I contacted customer service and they thought it was unusual that all four brakes would need replacing but because I was not willing to pay over $2200 that Kia wanted for the brake job they couldn’t look into the matter. In the end I sourced after market pads from a Forum subscriber and had the brakes done more economically.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions
City
pleasant garden
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 g70 awd 3.3 sport.
It's definitely overpriced I can order the OEM electronically controlled struts for $500 each in America so a $1000 total. You could also just say the heck with the electronically controlled suspension and put regular struts on it. I believe they make a device that you can plug in to the wiring harness so you will not get a light anymore.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk