Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stinger Salons (mall locations)

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Nice little nugget you found on the Kia Stinger Pop-Up salon program.

Just found this which was posted 21 days ago, they could possibly be gearing up to launch this by the end of the month.
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/brand-experience-assistant-manager-at-driveshop-477065108

This position will help manage one location of the in-mall, non-sales showroom for the Kia Stinger Pop-Up salon program. The Brand Experience Assistant Manager reports to the Brand Experience Manager for the location and supports training and quality assurance of salon operations and employees, shift management, performance management, daily salon activity reporting and ensuring an overall stellar customer experience. The Brand Experience Asst. Manager works full-time from the salon location on a shift schedule approved and confirmed by the District Program Manager. This position is located at the Valley Fair Mall in Santa Clara.

Essential Duties And Responsibilities
  • Support training and performance management of pop-up salon Vehicle Presenters
  • Ensure salon operations are consistent to national expectations, standards and across the country
  • Ensure Vehicle Presenters are fully trained and providing an optimal customer experience with every consumer interaction
  • Manage effective end-of-day closing procedures including upload and reporting of customer data through iPads and lead capture applications, labor hours and other information as requested and required
  • At least twice weekly, support uniform laundry with drop-off, pick-up and payment of dry-cleaning
  • Process any and all expenses for salon operations incompliance with DriveShop policies and procedures
  • Collaborate with the salon manager and Stinger Salon program team to develop, document and implement best practices to effectively promote the Kia Stinger to customers through the salon experience
  • Participate in regular team communications to make sure all salon staff can effectively speak to current, in-market specials, deals, rates, etc. for the Kia Stinger in each market
  • Ability to cover for staff if/when there is a shift emergency and another staff member cannot be confirmed to be onsite at the salon location
  • Works with DriveShop account services team to create, implement and support new services solutions, including possible test drive activities from Stinger Salon locations

SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has supervisory responsibilities of Vehicle Presenters

QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
This sounds like an actual purchase program once they go on sale. Seems like the concept is to provide buyers a way to get into one without going to a dealership, similar to what Genesis does.
That would be something different if it's anything like this and I think is currently only available in Canada.
[video=youtube;06cpwp1KYL0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06cpwp1KYL0[/video]

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Hopefully this takes off, I wouldn?t mind having them bring a Stinger to my for a test drive.

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
So it looks like the Stinger salons should be opening soon (updated original post with more info). I'm really intrigued by this idea. I think if I can purchase/lease this way, without going to the dealer, I'm all in.

Attachments

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
This reminds me of the Tesla showrooms

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Excited about the Austin location. I'll head down there when its open and take some photos.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Wow very limited locations.

CALIFORNIA
---------
Irvine Spectrum
670 Irvine Center Dr., Irvine, CA 92618
Coming Soon

Valley Fair Mall
2855 Stevens Creek Blvd., Santa Clara, CA 95050
Coming Soon

FLORIDA
-----------
Aventura Mall
19501 Biscayne Blvd., Aventura, FL 33180
Coming Soon

GEORGIA
-----------
Mall of Georgia
3333 Buford Drive, Buford, GA 30519
Now Open

ILLINOIS
-----------
Old Orchard Mall (Skokie)
4905 Old Orchard Center, Skokie, IL 60077
Now Open

MARYLAND
----------
Montogomery Mall
7101 Democracy Blvd., Bethesda, MD 20817
Now Open

NEW YORK
----------
The Westchester Mall
125 Westchester Ave., White Plains, NY 10601
Now Open

TEXAS
-------------
The Domain (Austin)
11410 Century Oaks Terrace, Austin, TX 78758
Open Date 12/15/2017

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #11
Excited about the Austin location. I'll head down there when its open and take some photos.
I tried to get my brother to apply for one of the presenter jobs at the Austin location. It was only part time, but they were paying over 19 bucks an hour to drive Stingers around a few hours a week. Heck I would have applied if I lived down there...lol.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I tried to get my brother to apply for one of the presenter jobs at the Austin location. It was only part time, but they were paying over 19 bucks an hour to drive Stingers around a few hours a week. Heck I would have applied if I lived down there...lol.
I didn't know they were paying that much lol. Boy if I was a recent college grad with more time I would have applied too.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
As time goes on, they may have more locations set up based on consumer need. If it sells like a Camry, I think plenty more would would be considered. If they sell like a Chevy SS, not a chance.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
VW Golf
Just checked on Kia.ca, nothing for us Canadians.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Malls are a perfect location to show off the Stinger. KIA should do it more rather than put all of the KDM Stingers in US dealerships. I would have put half in dealerships and the other half in malls. Especially around the holidays.

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #16
Saw this on Twitter earlier; it didn't mention which location but this is apparently a real salon somewhere:

Attachments

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Tiles in the front looks like the Westfield Montgomery in Bethesda, MD.

Picture of the Tesla Store at the same mall.

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX

From the inside

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member