Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Just got my Stinger!

Deagen

Reactions
City
Byron Center
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
Just purchased a 2020 GT2, black with the burgundy interior. Wow, the car is stunning! However, I live in Michigan and the black color does show everything. Is it too late to apply some of the Wolfgang Concours Series WG-5500 Deep Gloss Paint Sealant? Or do I just have to wait for a day where the weather isn't too bad? I've got some Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer as well to finish it off with.

Also, just purchased the JB4 tuner with the wireless adapter, the Stillen AWD/RWD [3.3TT] Hi-Flow Air Intake Kit - w/ Oil Filter, and threw in some new Denso High Performance Spark Plugs. I've done quite a bit of research and it seems like these upgrades, Tuner with Air Intake & new spark plugs, seem to be the best bang for your buck as far as mods go. Is this a good place to start? Any other recommendations?

I'd like to maybe go w/ ARK performance GriP exhaust at some point, along with some ark catless secondary downpipes, I just get a little leery with putting anything in my car that could be deemed "illegal" or could mess with any warranty's my car has. Thoughts?

Anyways, thanks for reading to this point. I've been lurking in the shadows contemplating this purchase for a while, but so far I'm glad I pulled the trigger!

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Welcome and congrats on the purchase! I think you'll enjoy every minute behind the wheel, but try not to get bitten by the mod bug. Trust me, once you start adding power, you'll just want more and more. 😂

I have the ark catback and to me and my ears, it's the best exhaust for the 3.3. I have had so many compliments on how good it sounds over the years. If you go that route just make sure you give it time to break in; at first it doesn't sound that great but once it's broken in it sounds perfect.

Good luck and if you have questions, fire away. 👍

OP
D

Deagen

Reactions
City
Byron Center
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #3
Awesome! From all the videos I've watched, the ARK Catback definitely sounds the best IMO as well. Thanks for the insight!

OP
D

Deagen

Reactions
City
Byron Center
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #4
I have the JB4 tuner with all new Denso High Performance Spark Plugs, BMS Zero Maintenance Oil Catch Can, Stillen Cold Air Intakes, and Ark Catback Exhaust all in possession and ready to install.

Never owning a car previously where I was able to mod things out a bit, what generally are the rules dealerships have with things like this? Do they need to be installed by a licensed tech? I don't believe I'll have anything installed that would cause issues with any Kia Warranties, (maybe outside of the JB4 which I can disconnect if I need service) but just want to be sure I understand fully before starting the installation of everything.

Thanks!

OP
D

Deagen

Reactions
City
Byron Center
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #5
Also forgot to post my pictures!

IMG-1238.JPG IMG-1236.JPG IMG-1244.jpg

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Black is such a sexy color....those 15 minutes after washing it that it's clean. 😂

It doesn't sound like you're going crazy with the mods so you shouldn't have any pushback from your service dept. But if you take it in for an issue and they give you any grief, just remember, push right back and request they prove the installed part is the cause of the issue. You should be okay though; it's been almost 4 years for me and I haven't had any issues or any raised eyebrows from my service dept.

OP
D

Deagen

Reactions
City
Byron Center
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #7
Amen on the 15 minutes of clean! Are you running around with the JB4? Is that something you remove before bringing it in for service?

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Amen on the 15 minutes of clean! Are you running around with the JB4? Is that something you remove before bringing it in for service?
I have one, yes, but I don't bother taking it off anymore. Reason being, I had a senior moment and forgot to remove it one time when I went in for an oil change. I figure they know about it now, no point in removing it.

But I would recommend removing it, just as a precaution. No point rocking the boat if you don't have to.