Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

Kia Stinger getting an Italian voice!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
KIA Stinger GT 3.3 AWD EU
Dear Stinger Fans,

end of March the waiting time was over and I could pick up my brand new Kia Stinger 3.3 European full trim in Germany. I've ordered back in late 2017 and it was a long waiting time. The Stinger replaced a VW Scirocco R.

stinger_aral.jpg

During waiting time I got in touch with the CEO of Tubi-Style in Maranello, Italy. (contact was established by a friend). It became obvious that, even if they usually make high quality exhaust systems for super sports cars like Ferraris or Lamborghinis, they were very interested in developing an exhaust system for the Stinger. So we agreed that they will get my car for research & development as soon as I will get it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tubi_Style

So only a few days after I've picked it up at the dealership, a truck arrived at my house and picked the Stinger up for transportation to Maranello.

IMG_5432.JPG

One day later it arrived in Maranello and I got the first two photos showing it in Italy.

IMG_5444.JPG
IMG_5456.JPG

So, what will Tubi-Style do? They will develop a valve exhaust system for the fantastic Kia Stinger. What will it sound like? What will it look like? I can't tell you right now because the development will start tomorrow. Homologation is scheduled for April 20th and that's the day when I will fly to Italy and get the Stinger back. If you want to know what Tubi-Style does follow this link, which sounds very interesting and promising:

http://www.tubistyle.it/tubi-style-valvetronic-exhaust-control-unit-with-by-pass-valves-drive-your-sound/?lang=en

I am very excited to see what the car will sound like. I am sure that the experienced guys from Tubi Style will do a great job. By the way the CEO was very impressed by the Stinger. He praised the build quality even in comparison with german brands.

So, now you know the story about my car - stay tuned ...

Greetings
Andy

Last edited:
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger Premium
Great story and fantastic news.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Can't wait to see and hear this. Looked that their website and it shows they have a re-seller close to where I live, if it sounds anything like this then I'm sold.

[video=youtube;NhjIgb-eKEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhjIgb-eKEo[/video]

[video=youtube;o5PpL_boqOQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5PpL_boqOQ[/video]

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
[MENTION=396]AndyGT[/MENTION], how long did it take to develop this exhaust system?

And thanks for lending your car only a few days after taking delivery.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Tubi-Style is one of those high end exhaust company that I'm almost afraid to know what this is going to cost LOL. Still super excited to see them getting involved in this project. I think you might be their very first Kia project.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I hope for the downtime they are giving you a free exhaust system [MENTION=396]AndyGT[/MENTION].[biggrin]

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Looking forward to seeing the results and any power gains.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Thanks for reaching out to them and donating your Stinger. Subscribed for updates.

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Thanks Andy

I'm reserving my seat for updates.[popcorn]

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
[MENTION=396]AndyGT[/MENTION] do you know if they plan on integrating the valve like the Bi-modal or would it be more like a switch that opens and closes it?

AuStinger

Reactions
State
VI
Country
Australia
Curious as well.
As Kia's system will be about 2700Aud.
Not sure it would be loud enough.

MrMr

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Highly interested in seeing the final results.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Slovenia
What I Drive
Hyundai tiburon 2.0L 2006
I think everything will be great except the price.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Wow!!!...This is amazing. Never thought the Stinger will get such a reputable company make an exhaust for it. Definitely keep us in the loop, if it lives up to expectation I may willing to to purchase it. Hell I was getting ready to get the Bastuk, but if this sounds better and offers more options as far as valve control goes, I will switch over.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Slovenia
What I Drive
I actually removed all bastuck exhausts from my store as they have so many options and there are so many calculations for the price that it got to complicated. Nobody was really interested in their exhausts, to expensive so decision was made not to deal with complications anymore.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I actually removed all bastuck exhausts from my store as they have so many options and there are so many calculations for the price that it got to complicated. Nobody was really interested in their exhausts, to expensive so decision was made not to deal with complications anymore.
How much were they going for?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Slovenia
What I Drive
To much. $2000 was cheapest option without EVC. Simply to much when you can get EVC exhaust from korea for less then half the price.

OP
A
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
KIA Stinger GT 3.3 AWD EU
Thread Starter #18
Guys, please let?s get back to topic - we are talking about a premium product, done by the Ferrari series supplier. I think for many people the quality, sound and sophisticated control unit will be worth the money. It?s a product playing in the top league of exhaust systems and anyhow it will be cheaper than a capristo or akrapovic exhaust. Plus maybe they can organize some kind of group buy. So let?s see whats happening...

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
Guys, please let?s get back to topic - we are talking about a premium product, done by the Ferrari series supplier. I think for many people the quality, sound and sophisticated control unit will be worth the money. It?s a product playing in the top league of exhaust systems and anyhow it will be cheaper than a capristo or akrapovic exhaust. Plus maybe they can organize some kind of group buy. So let?s see whats happening...
Group buy would be great, will be checking the thread for updates

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Andy, do you know if they have any plans to develop a 2.0t version?