Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

Looking for the consensus top performing valved exhaust for $2k or less.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I have read through all of the posts and it all seems so subjective, with very little in person experience. We all know a youtube clip does not do the sound justice. What are the top valved systems? Will there ever be pops and bangs? My son works at Mercedes Benz and he brought by a C43 AMG and while the exhaust wasn't a ton louder, but the tones, pops, and bangs on shifts is awesome. The sound is the one area the car let's me down and I want to make the best choice. Looking for actual experience where you either have the exhaust your recommending or you have heard it. Thanks!

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
I have a C43 with the AMG exhaust and it's probably one of the best sounding systems for a v6 motor.

Even without a valve, I really like the sound of the Ark Performance GRIP [MENTION=861]TEAM ARK[/MENTION]
exhaust system.

[video=youtube;nWf-jU8b8ck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWf-jU8b8ck[/video]
[video=youtube;BfGO4WzRJ7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfGO4WzRJ7I[/video]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Not much out there other than the Tubi Style but we all know that costs a fortune.

Canoli

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Jun BL is right around 2G. No drone with the valves closed, personally I think it sounds better then the rest with the valves open. Plus Jun is the premier maker in the KDM scene.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Jun BL is right around 2G. No drone with the valves closed, personally I think it sounds better then the rest with the valves open. Plus Jun is the premier maker in the KDM scene.
^This

Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
The Jun BL sounds fairly decent.
[video=youtube;2ZcXXz-BtBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZcXXz-BtBY[/video]

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Having had the Tubi Style for about 6 months now. I can say that it is the best sounding exhaust for the Stinger. When closed it sounds just like on Cold start with the factory exhaust. When open you get no rasp and a great deep sound from the V6 and also gurgling sounds when decelerating that I have not heard on any other aftermarket exhaust yet.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Having had the Tubi Style for about 6 months now. I can say that it is the best sounding exhaust for the Stinger. When closed it sounds just like on Cold start with the factory exhaust. When open you get no rasp and a great deep sound from the V6 and also gurgling sounds when decelerating that I have not heard on any other aftermarket exhaust yet.
How much was the exhaust?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
It costs around $2600 with Fedex shipping included from Italy.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
[MENTION=713]Triumvph[/MENTION] let us know what you decide.[:I]

OP
Triumvph
Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #12

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Took about a month from moment the order was placed. Most of that was fabrication time, once it was shipped it took only about 3 days to arrive.

OnnoP

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Italy
What I Drive
2018 AWD GT(2)
Not a bad deal. Do you hook up the valve to an external switch or control it from a remote?
Remote 4 mode module with phone app driving an electric valve.
One of the modes makes it possible to make the muffler street legal.
Other modes make it go open when stepping on the gas only, when releasing only and an automatic.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Not a bad deal. Do you hook up the valve to an external switch or control it from a remote?
You have two ways of controlling it.

The first is with a the remote, which has 4 different modes. Closed, Sport, Race, and Foot off. In that order.

The second is through the Tubi App, which connects to the box via bluetooth.

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AANISiT_xp4 best exhaust period in my opinion[dictate]
I have read through all of the posts and it all seems so subjective, with very little in person experience. We all know a youtube clip does not do the sound justice. What are the top valved systems? Will there ever be pops and bangs? My son works at Mercedes Benz and he brought by a C43 AMG and while the exhaust wasn't a ton louder, but the tones, pops, and bangs on shifts is awesome. The sound is the one area the car let's me down and I want to make the best choice. Looking for actual experience where you either have the exhaust your recommending or you have heard it. Thanks!