Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Newbie 3.3GT owner from Adelaide

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Hi everyone. Thought i would just introduce myself. Picking up my new 3.3GT Stinger tomorrow morning. Will be developing intercooler upgrades, exhausts and intakes shortly. Really looking forward to getting behind the wheel. Such an amazing vehicle. Will keep everyone updated with progress.

Kindest regards Jon

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Congrats and welcome, please share some photos when you take delivery.

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #3
Will do for sure :)

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Congrats Jon!

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Will be developing intercooler upgrades, exhausts and intakes shortly.

Kindest regards Jon
Aloha. This piqued my interest, do share some more details.[biggrin]

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Congrats.. interested hearing more about the parts you're developing too.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Welcome[cheers]

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
Looking forward to seeing your products.

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #9
Well i picked up the GT today......wow. What an amazing car. I have owned several new cars and the Kia takes the cake. It drives like an expensive european. I still cannot believe how well appointed it is inside. Totally wrapped. Well done Kia!!! Once its done 1000km run in we will put it on the dyno and see where we are sitting power wise. Then its time for us to fab a custom exhaust and bigger cooler. Heres a pic of our new girl

Attachments

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Rio
Congratulations on the beautiful car.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Really jealous of you guys. Congrats again.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
Nice pickup, congrats Jon. We should be getting ours next month.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I will envy you until next month, Jon LOL congrats, gorgeous car!

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Can you check your boost line and let us know if your's is loose? https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/threads/408-Loose-boost-line-found-on-the-Kia-Stinger

Well i picked up the GT today......wow. What an amazing car. I have owned several new cars and the Kia takes the cake. It drives like an expensive european. I still cannot believe how well appointed it is inside. Totally wrapped. Well done Kia!!! Once its done 1000km run in we will put it on the dyno and see where we are sitting power wise. Then its time for us to fab a custom exhaust and bigger cooler. Heres a pic of our new girl

Daitro

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Nice! I'm in Adelaide as well and have money down on a blue one. Test driving the grey GT they have at Stilwell KIA on Friday.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
VW Golf
Nice! I'm in Adelaide as well and have money down on a blue one. Test driving the grey GT they have at Stilwell KIA on Friday.
Let us know how you feel about the car.

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #17
Ok so had the Stinger in workshop today and pulled it down a bit to scope the planned mods. No loose boost hoses at all. All seem very secure, couple could be a bit longer but seem fine atm. Intake is pretty restrictive and i believe we should see a nice kw gain from some basic improvements here. Will keep you all updated. So blown away with this car, very happy customer.

Kind regards Jon

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #19
Hi Dan. Will definately be designing my own system. The air ram that feeds the box is one of the most restrictive components. Wont know till i pull the front clip off car but will definately be working to get as much cold air as possible into the filters

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
Hi Dan. Will definately be designing my own system. The air ram that feeds the box is one of the most restrictive components. Wont know till i pull the front clip off car but will definately be working to get as much cold air as possible into the filters
Perfect, thats what I was hoping you would do. Looking forward to reading your research and thanks for being a pioneer for us.