Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

SSR Performance Dual Front Mount CAI - PRE-ORDER SPECIAL! (pics/vid inside)

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Finally...
The time has come! I introduce to you, the world's first true cold air intake for the Kia Stinger 3.3TT! Below are some late-development photos. Final photos will be coming soon but this is exactly what you can expect sound and looks wise! Scroll down for sound clips!

AGAIN...THESE PHOTOS ARE MID DEVELOPMENT ZIP-TIES WILL NOT BE USED IN THE FINAL APPLICATION...lol :)

It has been a long time coming but we are extremely excited to finally announce the official pre-order release of our SSR Performance Dual Front Mount Cold Air Intakes! As you guys know we kept this project under wraps, and it was for good reason. This is the world's first true cold air intake for the Kia Stinger 3.3TT. Our in-house engineering team spent countless hours in R&D including 3D scanning, 3D design and modeling, and then finally 3D printing our custom intake ducts that make this intake possible.

As you can see, our all new front mount intakes take the filters from inside the hot engine bay and put them right where you have the coldest, most dense, air right behind the front grille. Given that the Kia Stinger 3.3TT is turbocharged, this is the best kind of air you can provide for your car to make optimal power.

Similar intakes have been used and proven on turbo motors for years now including applications on BMW's, Infiniti's, and more. This is the first time this application has been designed for use on a Kia.

For the first time ever, these intakes are available at a discounted rate!
PRE-ORDER $629.00
MSRP $729.00

>>CLICK HERE TO BUY NOW<<

THESE PHOTOS ARE MID DEVELOPMENT ZIP-TIES WILL NOT BE USED IN THE FINAL APPLICATION...lol :)

INCLUDES:
- Reinforced 4 Ply Silicone Couplers
- Custom Aluminum Piping (offered in Impact Gloss Black, Fashion Gloss Grey, Gloss Red)
- Custom Intake Ducts
- Clamps
- SSR Performance 6 Layer Cotton Dry Filters (application specific) (red)

INSTALL DIFFICULTY:
Intermediate. FULLY BOLT-ON NO CUTTING REQUIRED. Front bumper removal is necessary for installation. Removing the front bumper is very straight forward and can be done with basic tools.

POWER FIGURES:

SOUND CLIPS:
https://youtu.be/nEPY3614pwU

PRE-ORDER SHIPPING ESTIMATE:
First batch will have 25 intakes. These intakes are set to start shipping late December in the order of which the orders are received. Once the first batch is gone these intakes will be on backorder until further production is finished.

WEBSITE LINK (ORDER NOW):

CLICK HERE TO ORDER NOW> KIA Stinger GT 3.3TT Dual Front Mount Cold Air Intake

Last edited:

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
A very good alternative. Great job guys.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
These looks so good. Any concerns with water ingestion through the intakes?

OP
S
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
A very good alternative. Great job guys.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thank you very much for your kind words sir :)

These looks so good. Any concerns with water ingestion through the intakes?
Applications very similar to these have been well tested in the rain, so unless you're driving through a hurricane / freakish storm.. you'll be just fine :)

So as stated, behind grille applications like these have been used for years now on BMW's (a platform we happen to specialize in) and we have never seen issues come up. With test after test being performed on them and the intakes passing every time, there is nothing to be concerned about in normal conditions. As mentioned though, it probably isn't the smartest idea to drive through an insane storm with these on, or any other open element filter intakes, for that matter.

Shah @ SSR Performance

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Sounds very nice, can't get any colder than that [grinking]

karazyfoo

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Would this filter be carb approved for cali customers?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Slovenia
What I Drive
Hyundai tiburon 2.0L 2006
Now this is first cold air intake for stinger as others are short rams all with filters inside the engine bay and these are placed behind the bumper and I congratulate you for this move [:o]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Question, is it necessary to have the pipe go around like that, couldnt the pipe from the turbo to the inlet have been shorter, like more direct?

brancky3

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
Question, is it necessary to have the pipe go around like that, couldnt the pipe from the turbo to the inlet have been shorter, like more direct?
Probably not without relocating stock components. Looks like there's AC lines on the driver's side

OP
S
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #10
Probably not without relocating stock components. Looks like there's AC lines on the driver's side
What he said! ^ Thanks sir :)

Shah @ SSR Performance

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Thank you very much for your kind words sir :)

Applications very similar to these have been well tested in the rain, so unless you're driving through a hurricane / freakish storm.. you'll be just fine :)

So as stated, behind grille applications like these have been used for years now on BMW's (a platform we happen to specialize in) and we have never seen issues come up. With test after test being performed on them and the intakes passing every time, there is nothing to be concerned about in normal conditions. As mentioned though, it probably isn't the smartest idea to drive through an insane storm with these on, or any other open element filter intakes, for that matter.

Shah @ SSR Performance
I like the design, but here in Phoenix area we have Haboobs and Monson's, it seems either one of those storms would clog those intakes. 85 to 90% of the time that setup would work assume, its the other 10 to 15% of the time that you would have to worry about.

Robmag

Reactions
City
Lockport
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT 3.3t Rwd
I'm wondering if these are still available anywhere? As I cannot find them with my limited searches

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome aboard @Robmag, I do believe that they discontinued those intakes.