Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Welcome to the Kia Stinger Forum, please post an introduction

OP
KiaFan

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #21
Congrats [MENTION=30]Dai Uy Ted[/MENTION]

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Hey folks.

Found the forum this weekend and decided to join. Big Stinger fan here, about 99% sure I'm going to be an owner when they finally hit the streets. I currently have a leased car that's due back mid-October, so I'm hoping the Stinger will be available by then. If it's available way before then, even better. ;)

OP
KiaFan

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #23
Welcome aboard

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Welcome[cheers]
Hey folks.

Found the forum this weekend and decided to join. Big Stinger fan here, about 99% sure I'm going to be an owner when they finally hit the streets. I currently have a leased car that's due back mid-October, so I'm hoping the Stinger will be available by then. If it's available way before then, even better. ;)

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Hey folks.

Welcome from Austin.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thanks guys, glad to be here. Nice to meet others anxiously awaiting the Stinger.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
New member from CA here, currently driving an Audi A6 and highly interested in the Stinger once it arrives. Looking forward to meeting everyone here.

OP
KiaFan

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #28
Welcome aboard.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum.

XP05UR

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Hi everyone, New member from Sydney Australia. Placed a deposit on a Stinger GT back in April with my local dealership, can't wait for my car to arrive, fingers still crossed for September.. Currently driving an VW R36 wagon.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Hi everyone, New member from Sydney Australia. Placed a deposit on a Stinger GT back in April with my local dealership, can't wait for my car to arrive, fingers still crossed for September.. Currently driving an VW R36 wagon.
Congrats on the order, welcome aboard.

OP
KiaFan

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #32
Welcome [MENTION=61]XP05UR[/MENTION]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
Hi, new here myself and put a deposit on one in Melb. Can I ask what you were "quoted" price wise? I have $56,990 but its an "estimate" only....

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Welcome aboard [MENTION=62]Madman[/MENTION]

moinmoin

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
1998 F150, 1999 ACURA RL 3.6
Hi fellow Stinger fans,
I signed up to the forum recently, and found a minute to ring in from the Great White North to introduce myself.
I am retired and my wife and I are in the process to buy our possibly last car. The Stinger is actually her choice.

Our first choice was originally the Toyota Highlander, but a drive was not all that convincing, and we did not really see the point of an SUV, since I already drive a Ford F150 and my wife likes her Acura RL.

We now have several cars on the short list, and it will all depend on the test drives to come and how we?ll like the cars when sitting in them. Seats are really important to us. My ?88 5.0l Mustang had Recaro seats. I tried Explorer and Edge seats, and they are all too short for my liking.

The cars on the short list are the Kia Cadenza, Genesis G80, 2018 Camry, Kia Stinger, and the 2018 Buick Regal Sports Tourer or Sports Back. The 2018 Buick Regal is a rebadged German Opel Insignia (or Vauxhall in England) ? the models are also built in Germany (check it out here: http://jalopnik.com/the-2017-opel-insignia-wagon-will-make-you-want-to-buy-1792037046).

Unfortunately, the wagon may not become available in Canada and so it?s going to be only the Sportsback, essentially a hatchback like the Stinger, and then only with a 4 cylinder turbo. The model to have is the German OPC (Opel Performance Center) version, which probably will not be available in North America?..

Sooo, while the Buick/Opel remains a long shot, from a price/performance point of view, the Stinger will likely percolate to the top. We like it fast, quiet and comfortable, and the Stinger will hopefully satisfy.
Good luck to you all!

OP
KiaFan

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #36
Welcome aboard

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
I would consider a wagon version as well.

Hi fellow Stinger fans,
I signed up to the forum recently, and found a minute to ring in from the Great White North to introduce myself.
I am retired and my wife and I are in the process to buy our possibly last car. The Stinger is actually her choice.

Our first choice was originally the Toyota Highlander, but a drive was not all that convincing, and we did not really see the point of an SUV, since I already drive a Ford F150 and my wife likes her Acura RL.

We now have several cars on the short list, and it will all depend on the test drives to come and how we?ll like the cars when sitting in them. Seats are really important to us. My ?88 5.0l Mustang had Recaro seats. I tried Explorer and Edge seats, and they are all too short for my liking.

The cars on the short list are the Kia Cadenza, Genesis G80, 2018 Camry, Kia Stinger, and the 2018 Buick Regal Sports Tourer or Sports Back. The 2018 Buick Regal is a rebadged German Opel Insignia (or Vauxhall in England) ? the models are also built in Germany (check it out here: http://jalopnik.com/the-2017-opel-insignia-wagon-will-make-you-want-to-buy-1792037046).

Unfortunately, the wagon may not become available in Canada and so it?s going to be only the Sportsback, essentially a hatchback like the Stinger, and then only with a 4 cylinder turbo. The model to have is the German OPC (Opel Performance Center) version, which probably will not be available in North America?..

Sooo, while the Buick/Opel remains a long shot, from a price/performance point of view, the Stinger will likely percolate to the top. We like it fast, quiet and comfortable, and the Stinger will hopefully satisfy.
Good luck to you all!

Gixxa

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
2011 Hyundai i30
Hi Guys,

new guy here :D

At the Moment I'm driving a 2011 Hyundai i30 with a 90 Hp Diesel and it's time for something new not only because I've just had a check enginge light (P0234) but also because it's time for something with more power again. Looking forward to the 2.0 Stinger maybe with AWD but I'm not sure about that yet.

So I'm looking forward to the new car and especially the community here!

OP
KiaFan

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #40
Welcome aboard [MENTION=74]Gixxa[/MENTION]