Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

throttle percentage

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
how come the throttle only opens to 87.3%...feel like I'm being jerked on the 13%, i know from tuning 90s turbo cars one of the first things they do is make sure the throttle opens all the way. my KIA optima opened to about the same exact value. on my 2016 yamaha r1 the throttle was set to around 88% and one of the things the ecu flash does is open the yamahas throttle to 100%. [wrenchin]

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
how come the throttle only opens to 87.3%...feel like I'm being jerked on the 13%, i know from tuning 90s turbo cars one of the first things they do is make sure the throttle opens all the way. my KIA optima opened to about the same exact value. on my 2016 yamaha r1 the throttle was set to around 88% and one of the things the ecu flash does is open the yamahas throttle to 100%. [wrenchin]
How did you find out it only opens to 87%?

OP
CARmello Yellow
Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
Thread Starter #4
How did you find out it only opens to 87%?
any thoughts??.. i think on the optima the lap 3 would open it to 100% no one in the optima forum had anything to say either... maybe I'm the only one who cares??[hah][V]

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
16 Colorado Diesel
A lot of cars do it, it?s probably an emissions thing... everything is [wrenchin]

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
16 Colorado Diesel
Just to add to this, the Throttle body is actually oversized per a few tuners. So no need to open 100%.

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
any thoughts??.. i think on the optima the lap 3 would open it to 100% no one in the optima forum had anything to say either... maybe I'm the only one who cares??[hah][V]
From what I've read Lap 3 was able to perform flash tunes on the Optima. Nothing like that yet for the Stinger so even with more air they're not able to adjust the fuel trimmings.