Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

Winter tire pressure - discussion.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
The Engineers in South Korea have stipulated in the 2018 Stinger owners manual that (Page 7-52) we should add an extra 4 PSI to the existing recommended tire pressure for Snow tires.
See image.

psi1.png

Which would mean for anyone running 225/45 r18 - the Kia recommended pressure would be 40 psi front and 43 psi rear (seems quite high)

PSI.png

For those of you living in the colder climates - Is this the PSI (40psi/43psi) people with 225/45 r18 snow tires are running this winter?

Discuss

tdoyon

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
They also don't want us driving faster than 75mph. Good luck with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Well, if your driving in the snow I highly doubt your going 75mph.... :unsure:

OP
Djltoronto
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Thread Starter #4
Well, if your driving in the snow I highly doubt your going 75mph.... :unsure:
It not so much about driving in the snow... It's about driving with snow tires installed.

They really should have just stated:
When driving with snow tires, do not exceed the speed rating of the snow tires.

My snow tires are "H". 130mph/210kph. Should be fine

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
It's normal to run a few PSI more than factory recommendations with snow/winter tires. The reason being as the temperature drops so does the air pressure.

OP
Djltoronto
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Thread Starter #6
It's normal to run a few PSI more than factory recommendations with snow/winter tires. The reason being as the temperature drops so does the air pressure.
But the pressures listed are the COLD pressure. You are supposed to set these pressures when the tires are at ambient cold temperature.

psi3.png

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
By over inflating, you're just preparing for any further drop in temperature. When I lived in Nebraska, winter temperatures can change by 20's degrees in a few days so we always over inflated our winter tires.

But the pressures listed are the COLD pressure. You are supposed to set these pressures when the tires are at ambient cold temperature.

View attachment 3301