Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

What is this?

Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I just bought a 2018 GT2 with 30k miles and what looks like some light mods.. HKS intakes, an oil catch can, a pair of BOVs and a lap3 unclechip. I previously owned and modded a 2020 Subaru STI I went FBO with and decided rather than replace the engine a second time I’ll just try a different platform all together. have only owned this car a couple days now and I’ve been able it identify everything the previous owner did with it except for this dial coming from the gauge cluster. Seems to bump up the power as I turn it. Is this a boost controller or am I missing some kind of meth injection kit hidden somewhere? Looking for some kind of owners manual for it or some insight of how to use it correctly. Thanks!!

Attachments

OP
S
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #2
Nevermind I figured it out.

ominousone

Reactions
City
Farmington
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 G70 3.3T Sport
So, what is it?? Inquiring minds want to know.

OP
S
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #4
So, what is it?? Inquiring minds want to know.
Made by “racechip”. Works in independently of the lap3 tune I’ve got. It controls the throttle position info sent to the engine. The higher I turn it up, the quicker the throttle response is. Doesn’t increase power, just makes the car feel WAY more responsive to the accelerator inputs. Makes for pretty effortless burnouts 🤣

ominousone

Reactions
City
Farmington
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 G70 3.3T Sport
Oh ok. I had a different brand throttle controllers on a couple cars. Indeed, they work great.