Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

ATTENTION : Brake rotors and warranty

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Hey sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no solid fix. I bought the car in 2018 and had them swapped 4 times since then with very little mileage on them. Kia will not own up to them being faulty which is one reason I will not recommend them to anyone. I was thinking of going aftermarket to stop running into the same issues after they supposedly replace them during the service visit. Best of luck hope it works out.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Reactions
Hey sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no solid fix. I bought the car in 2018 and had them swapped 4 times since then with very little mileage on them. Kia will not own up to them being faulty which is one reason I will not recommend them to anyone. I was thinking of going aftermarket to stop running into the same issues after they supposedly replace them during the service visit. Best of luck hope it works out.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
Hey, thanks for the reply. So Kia...”Kia of America”?... declined to cover it but the explanation was the district manager declined it because they’re “wear items”. The issue I totally get that, but I’m right at 2 years of ownership and just hit 7k miles. I’ve been doing some digging and it’s clearly a common problem/know issue and I KNOW people are getting covered under goodwill with more miles than me. That’s the frustrating part

Reactions
City
Yonkers
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT RWD
4 times in a certain period of time can qualify for lemon law...

z/kG70

Reactions
City
pleasant garden
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 g70 awd 3.3 sport.
Why on Earth would you lemon law a car out for that?
Not trying to be rude but this problem is a simple to fix stop using their crap brake pads.
The brake rotors are not being warped it is called a lack of parallelism, and it happens from uneven pad material on the rotor surface.

You need a more aggressive brake pad they went for comfort and this is the result of it. The brake pad is baking its material in the rotor surface this is normal, but it is happening at a level too high. This is causing high and low spots on the rotor surface.

Do I have a recommendation for a brake pad for this vehicle no I do not, but I am sure plenty of people do especially guys who have tracked this car. You can buy high quality replacement front rotors on RockAuto for 75 bucks that's the expensive option you can get ones for cheaper. You can also get replacement brake pads that are probably better than the factory ones for $50.

The other vehicle I have destroys its rotors because the brake pads are so aggressive. The brakes are phenomenal but you will be doing a brake pad and rotor replacement every time, and if you drive it hard they can wear out pretty quick. That car went for aggressive braking versus comfort.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions
City
Yonkers
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT RWD
I think I am just salty that I had to make 5 visits to a dealership in less than 6 months and 5000 miles of ownership to finally have the problems resolved. Those are five half-days wasted (took them over two hours each time) that I lost from work. Everyone had an excuse at both corporate and the dealership. Was comical how they were making mistakes left and right or trying to shortcut. What a shame.