Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

BBTB, Results and experience.

Fabio0716

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Hello all,

I'm thinking of buying the big bore throttle body for my Stinger but was wondering how it affects low end power, throttle response, and top end power? I know some here are running them so maybe I get lucky and get some opinions and experiences before closing the deal on one. A dyno chart would be great if possible.

Thank you,

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I haven't heard of anybody running that throttle body yet but I'm sure you would give up some low end an gain mid to high.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Link to the throttle body?

K8AR

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Following

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Is it a larger diameter than the intake manifold or no? If there's another bottleneck through the intake it won't help much and could hinder.

OP
F

Fabio0716

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Thread Starter #8
Is it a larger diameter than the intake manifold or no? If there's another bottleneck through the intake it won't help much and could hinder.
This is exactly what I asked Sam of shark racing. This was his response... No point in going to a bigger throttle body if the restriction is the plenum. Screenshot_2019-06-02-05-16-11.jpg

OP
F

Fabio0716

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Thread Starter #9
Not much there I guess, only thing would be an experienced aftermarket TB company doing actual CFD testing and dyno.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I love the way he said, you can easy grind it out a little bit using a Dremel. Does he think everybody is an expert at grinding away on your manifold. I wonder how many of those TB he has sold, plus its funny when you ask a simple question an the sales guy all of a sudden becomes dumb and they don't understand your question. They know if they answer it the right way your not going to buy their product, shame on them trying to just take your money, does that remind you of someone , CAR SALESMAN. :mad:

OP
F

Fabio0716

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Thread Starter #11
I love the way he said, you can easy grind it out a little bit using a Dremel. Does he think everybody is an expert at grinding away on your manifold. I wonder how many of those TB he has sold, plus its funny when you ask a simple question an the sales guy all of a sudden becomes dumb and they don't understand your question. They know if they answer it the right way your not going to buy their product, shame on them trying to just take your money, does that remind you of someone , CAR SALESMAN. :mad:
Sincerely it got on my nerves because I had asked him multiple times very nicely and had to rephrase multiple times. At first thought it was a language barrier but it became clear he knew where I was going with this and so i made it obvious at the end. So decided I'm not going to purchase the product. Seems that our intake manifold is appropriately sized and so is the the throttle body. Maybe when we start getting into very high HP numbers that may require a more capable manifold and throttle body, but as it sits now the stock one should be perfectly fine. Won't switch out unless a reputable company that does CFD testing chimes in.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I would rather buy a manifold and TB combo so there is no grinding that has to be done.

K8AR

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
I would rather buy a manifold and TB combo so there is no grinding that has to be done.
I agree, seems like it would be a waste of money to just get one.

Reactions
City
Clinton
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GTS
Sincerely it got on my nerves because I had asked him multiple times very nicely and had to rephrase multiple times. At first thought it was a language barrier but it became clear he knew where I was going with this and so i made it obvious at the end. So decided I'm not going to purchase the product. Seems that our intake manifold is appropriately sized and so is the the throttle body. Maybe when we start getting into very high HP numbers that may require a more capable manifold and throttle body, but as it sits now the stock one should be perfectly fine. Won't switch out unless a reputable company that does CFD testing chimes in.

Interesting an thanks so much for doing the leg work! I have been considering purchasing that big bore TB for quite some time but like stated about the intake manifold inlet is smaller then their TB! The race shop that gutted my cats informed that they would be able to mill out the inlet of my intake manifold and TB spacer ( for water meth) so that is matches up with the the larger throttle body If I decide to go the route of getting a stand alone water meth kit. Heck there are Stinger GT owners making over 500whp/tq on factory TBs!