Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

Danny5's GT1 BluBeri

Reactions
City
Surprise
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger
Hey guys. My name is Danny and I live in Arizona. I've been in the car modification scene for 30 years. I was driving a Chevy Cruze Diesel and spent a lot of time modding it. You can check a pic here but this thread is all about my Kia Stinger GT1 in Micro Blue Pearl.

I've already ordered emblems for the car. Nothing against the KIA logo, but I like the Excellence logo so much more. I will also be ceramic coating the car this weekend.

She's a blank slate, time to head to the drawing board. :D

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Change out your badges before you ceramic coat the car or you will have areas where the coating doesn't touch. There is a place in Mesa that does great work, he did my car, great prices an great work. The name of his shop is Coyote Mobile Detailing

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
Congrats! [cheers]

OP
Danny5
Reactions
City
Surprise
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger
Thread Starter #4
We all start somewhere, right? :D

My first mod was the Excellence badge for the front:

Followed closely by Excellence badges on the wheels:

I put an Excellence badge overlay on the steering wheel, didn't take a picture yet. I also bought and received the 14"? Stinger logo for the back, but I don't want holes in my car. Might go with the K logo instead and leave the rest alone. The front badge was bad enough!

I then spent the weekend cleaning then ceramic coating the car. I found a couple scratches, probably left by the dealer prep team, and one flaw I've never seen in a new car before... Dirt in the paint! Should I mention this to my dealer? I feel like it's likely to be more headache to report it than it's worth...

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
You should have said something about the wheel E caps @Danny5. I have a set that I used for about 2 months I would have sold....

OP
Danny5
Reactions
City
Surprise
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger
Thread Starter #6
I spent the afternoon puzzling out a catch can install. End results looks pretty good!

Stinger-Catch-Can.jpg

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Looks good!!!(y)

Joey kalz

Reactions
City
Penfield
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT
Looks good I swapped the badges on my car as well and on the steering wheel, I took every badge of the back and just have the 16 inch stinger logo in the middle

Attachments

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome aboard, car is looking good...(y)

OP
Danny5
Reactions
City
Surprise
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger
Thread Starter #10
So this weekend I spent a few hours debadging the deck lid and then adding the larger "Stinger" logo. I also took the time, while back there, to remove the light bar and install LED reverse lamps.

I then asked my dad to grab his camera gear and we did a photo shoot of the "mostly" stock looking car. Now I have a good set of baseline pictures to move forward with. Enjoy!

Stinger-1.jpg Stinger-7.jpg Stinger-9.jpg Stinger-10.jpg Stinger-11.jpg

Attachments

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Looking good..........(y)

OP
Danny5
Reactions
City
Surprise
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger
Thread Starter #12
Updates!

First, the process of removing the rear emblem. I finally decided to go for it. I stuck a space heater pointed at the emblem for about an hour, and then would pry/spray goo-gone in alternating intervals every 5-10 minutes until the badge came off. I then used a sacrificial micro-fiber towel and would spray the residue, wait 10 minutes, and wipe up. I repeated this about a dozen times until the rear panel looked clean. I then took my buffer to the rear panel and polished it all out. The final result:

Stinger-12.jpg

In the photoshoot, the new badge had been installed, so refer to my previous post for an after picture. :D

For Christmas, I received an apeman C550 1080p front/rear dashcam. I decided to install the front cam for now, leaving the rear camera for a more ambitious day.
Stinger-15.jpg
I've mounted these to my windshield before, but windshield replacement in Arizona happens as often as you replace tires, so I would prefer not to deal with reattaching a cam every year. I found a nice flat spot in front of the rear view mirror, cleaned it up with some alcohol, and prayed for a good stick. I know this could be temporary in the AZ heat. Time will tell!

Stinger-16.jpg
I decided to use the factory power port. In the past I've hardwired these, but didn't want to tear into my center console quite that much. The camera power cord also supplies a nice USB power port in the event I need to charge something besides my phone. I drilled a hole into the center console and routed the line into it. I then ran the power line forward along the tunnel, and up into the dash. I found a space above the glove compartment, and snaked a come-along into it and pulled the power wire through. Then it was up the pillar, across the headliner and done. Just figuring out this simple wire path took me a couple hours, so not looking forward to the rear camera install...

I know it's not the best shot, but here is what the cam looks like from the outside:
Stinger-17.jpg

OP
Danny5
Reactions
City
Surprise
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger
Thread Starter #13
And now for a boost gauge.

Sure, the Stinger "kinda" has a boost gauge, but I found it really inconvenient. In several other cars I have installed an UltraGauge II, and I ordered one for BlueBeri right after Christmas. This OBD2 connected device has basic levels of communication with a car's computer to display 70 or so gauges.

But where to install this? This is a much more difficult item to route through a dash, since one end terminates in the gauge, and the other into an OBD2 plug. Besides, there isn't a lot of free space to mount an "extra" screen, so for now the windshield suction cup mount is my only real option.
Stinger-21.jpg

You can setup multiple screens, alarms, and customizations, but I am the "set it and forget it" type of guy. The main "page" has room for 6 gauges, and I chose Boost PSI, Engine Coolant Temp, Remaining fuel (in gallons), Intake temperature, and ???

I chose wideband O2 sensor left and right, but not sure what these numbers mean. Most of the time they hover around 1, and in off throttle from speed they jump to 2. Surely not useful information to me. Will have to explore my available data points to see if I can find something worthwhile.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy the view!
Stinger-22.jpg

OP
Danny5
Reactions
City
Surprise
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger
Thread Starter #14
Enjoyed making a video of BlueBeri :D

OP
Danny5
Reactions
City
Surprise
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger
Thread Starter #15
Did the burnout switch mod and installed some K&N Filters.

k-burnout.jpg
Stinger-28.jpg

On a side note, this place seems pretty dead in comparison... :(

OP
Danny5
Reactions
City
Surprise
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger
Thread Starter #16
And almost a year later, I've done exhaust, Racechip, and ESR RF2 19" wheels.

ESR-1.jpg

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
It does look sharp, Liking those wheels..

Reactions
City
Bandar Seri Begawan
State
Non-US
Country
Brunei
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
It is also known as the brake snip switch @Yusri Sharifuddin, it basically cuts the signal from the brake pedal to the ECU allowing you to build more boost while on launch control, and will also allow for wheel spin as the traction control is off.

Reactions
City
Bandar Seri Begawan
State
Non-US
Country
Brunei
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
It is also known as the brake snip switch @Yusri Sharifuddin, it basically cuts the signal from the brake pedal to the ECU allowing you to build more boost while on launch control, and will also allow for wheel spin as the traction control is off.
Owh nice. 👍🏾👍🏾 are you lovin' it so far?