Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

Dashcam fitment

Savage

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people :)
Mods, if I have posted in the wrong location, apologies and please move as required.
Is there a dashcam wiring guide anywhere ? I want to hardwire a cam in and hide the wires when I get my car, so any help with best wiring locations and wire routes etc muchly appreciated [pray]

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Hi people :)
Mods, if I have posted in the wrong location, apologies and please move as required.
Is there a dashcam wiring guide anywhere ? I want to hardwire a cam in and hide the wires when I get my car, so any help with best wiring locations and wire routes etc muchly appreciated [pray]
I installed one but posted it in the Radar detector DIY posting but same principles apply to wiring and hiding it just with a dash cam. I posted some pictures of what I did and you can see others as well.

https://www.kiastinger.org/threads/2723-How-about-a-radar-detector-hardwired-DIY-install/page2

Interesting design, can you share some photos on how you mounted that?
These are not the best pictures but I think I just bought a kit that was popular with this model and mounted it with 3M sticky tape, the camera unscrews and you can take it off or just pop the Micro SD card out and put it back without taking out the camera.

I ran the wire up to the top of the window and down the pillar then over and down and under the fuse box tucking it under the little plastic strip.

Passenger will see it but I won't which I mostly drive by myself anyways.

View attachment 1932 View attachment 1933 View attachment 1934 View attachment 1935

View attachment 1950 View attachment 1949 View attachment 1948 View attachment 1947 View attachment 1946

OP
S

Savage

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Thread Starter #4
Thanks guys [rockon]

jonessw

Reactions
City
Perris
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 kia stinger gt1
I installed a viofo A129 cam in my GT1. Instead of running the cables to the rear camera along the top of the doors by the air bags. I ran them along the bottom of the doors so it will not interfere with air bags. When hiding the cables by the A~pilar, make sure you DO NOT cross over the airbag. Route them behind the airbag.

jonessw

Reactions
City
Perris
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 kia stinger gt1
I installed one but posted it in the Radar detector DIY posting but same principles apply to wiring and hiding it just with a dash cam. I posted some pictures of what I did and you can see others as well.

https://www.kiastinger.org/threads/2723-How-about-a-radar-detector-hardwired-DIY-install/page2

These are not the best pictures but I think I just bought a kit that was popular with this model and mounted it with 3M sticky tape, the camera unscrews and you can take it off or just pop the Micro SD card out and put it back without taking out the camera.

I ran the wire up to the top of the window and down the pillar then over and down and under the fuse box tucking it under the little plastic strip.

Passenger will see it but I won't which I mostly drive by myself anyways.

View attachment 1932 View attachment 1933 View attachment 1934 View attachment 1935

View attachment 1950 View attachment 1949 View attachment 1948 View attachment 1947 View attachment 1946
Attachment #1949 shows the cable going across the A-Pillar. It is very likely an airbag is behind that pillar. The cable could interfere with the airbag and it may not deploy correctly or not at all. You should run the cable down the A-pillar BEHIND the airbag. Just want you to be safe..

Reactions
City
Hurstbourne
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 GT-Elite
My dash cam came with an 11 foot power (USB) cable. This is the third car I've had it in. The ONLY two places the cable shows can be seen in these two photos. The rear seat USB is only active when the ignition is ON. I really did not want to hardwire it to the car because I change cars pretty often. Take just a few minutes to remove and/or install the cable. Perhaps once a year will somebody ride in the rear seat-- so as far as I am concerned the cable is hidden.

Front Cam.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
City
Hurstbourne
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 GT-Elite
My dash cam came with an 11 foot power (USB) cable. This is the third car I've had it in. The ONLY two places the cable shows can be seen in these two photos. The rear seat USB is only active when the ignition is ON. I really did not want to hardwire it to the car because I change cars pretty often. Take just a few minutes to remove and/or install the cable. Perhaps once a year will somebody ride in the rear seat-- so as far as I am concerned the cable is hidden.

View attachment 3641

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Paul@K8StingerStore K8 Stinger Store 6