Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

Dropped an allen wrench...

SkinnyKid

Reactions
City
Aurora
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 GT1
Installing the Add-W1 Oil Catch Can, I dropped a tiny allen wrench tightening the can to the mounting bracket...

I heard it drop down below the catch can install area. I jacked up the car and took some of the under panels off and didn't see it. No idea where it could be in there. What's down there that I should be concerned about? Not sure I should be driving it around not knowing where that damn wrench fell to. Any suggestions?

Reactions
City
pleasant garden
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 g70 awd 3.3 sport.
If you can't find it drive it. I promise you this happens all the time to people.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
SkinnyKid

SkinnyKid

Reactions
City
Aurora
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 GT1
Thread Starter #3
Appreciate the input, my friend. Just want to make sure there's nothing down there it may have fell into.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
If it fell all the way to the bottom you should be fine. I dropped my phone down there and I had to take it in to Kia to have it retrieved. I was embarrassed but I had several people there tell me it's happened "plenty of times." Mainly I was just glad I didn't damage the engine in any way.

Hope that's the case with yours too. 👍