Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

My 18 GT2 won’t shift into D

slcbuzzed

Reactions
City
Layton
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 GT2 Blue
It will be fine & then it won’t shift into Drive. It will pop back into Neutral. I’ve noticed it really does it after using auto car wash and you have to put it into N, when finished it will not go into Drive and now doing it when I’m not in car wash. But almost always happens when at carwash. This last episode it took 4 guys to push it out of way. After trying for 20-30 minutes it went into D. Then does it sporadically. At dealer now and can’t duplicate the problem, then it finally did. Awaiting diagnosis results now. Please help a brother out?

Reactions
City
Shawnee Mission
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Genesis G90 Premium 3.3T AWD
Unaware, if you are still having the issue or not, however I would be willing to bet my life you have tinted windows or at some point in your vehicles life there may have been damage to the drivers front door depending on whether your vehicle is left or right hand drive I’m assuming left front door. I have a 2019 Genesis G90 now the prior to this I had a 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 that had the EXACT same issue that began after Hyundai motor Corp. replace the front door speakers in my Stinger after they blew and owning the car less than a year, and I wasn’t “bumping the sound system“ either.

come to find out when they reassemble the left front door they didn’t reattach the Dogtail a.k.a. the multi pen connector all the way as they broke the clip off the fastener when they did which in extreme cold after water would get in the door, which is normal would cause the pins to separate enough for the Car to “think” the door was open and it would pop back into park below 5 mph and scare the crap out of me occasionally the car would not go at all and after opening and closing the door which turned into slamming it repetitively after frustration it would eventually work…

Curious to hear what Your remedy was to resolve this issue