Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

Never modified before

TOTLPKG

Reactions
City
London
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Kia stinger GT LIMITED
Hey guys I got a 2018 GT2 want to do the car right up… Where should I start? Never modified a car before, and I’m looking forward to making it a beast!

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Well, if you want to keep it simple, most would recommend the following package, which contains everything you need to make roughly 450 whp: https://burgertuning.com/collection...orsepower-kia-stinger-hyundai-genesis-package

If you want more, to that package you could add a water-meth injection kit, also available on the same site. Most of the heavy hitters are running WMI, which has helped get them deep down in the 11s in the quarter mile.
https://burgertuning.com/collections/kia-hyundai/products/kia-stinger-genesis-water-injection-kit

If you want more sound, you can purchase a catback exhaust and/or midpipes. The debate is out on whether they make any useful power but personally I saw a noticeable improvement after I combined both. Another option would be primary downpipes and high flow cats. You would want to combine them with a tuner though, to avoid overboosting. You can search through various options on either k8stingerstore.com, or khartunerz.com.

The other big go-faster option is an ECU tune, but that would require removing and shipping your ECU, unless you live close to one of the tuners.

If you're still on stock brakes you will likely need to upgrade at some point, since the Stinger is known for brake pad deposits on the rotors causing vibration. Upgraded pads and rotors are a good idea, and can be found on either of the sites mentioned above, and others like R1concepts.com.

Hope that helps a little but we're here to help if you have further questions!

OP
T

TOTLPKG

Reactions
City
London
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Kia stinger GT LIMITED
Thread Starter #3
Well, if you want to keep it simple, most would recommend the following package, which contains everything you need to make roughly 450 whp: https://burgertuning.com/collection...orsepower-kia-stinger-hyundai-genesis-package

If you want more, to that package you could add a water-meth injection kit, also available on the same site. Most of the heavy hitters are running WMI, which has helped get them deep down in the 11s in the quarter mile.
https://burgertuning.com/collections/kia-hyundai/products/kia-stinger-genesis-water-injection-kit

If you want more sound, you can purchase a catback exhaust and/or midpipes. The debate is out on whether they make any useful power but personally I saw a noticeable improvement after I combined both. Another option would be primary downpipes and high flow cats. You would want to combine them with a tuner though, to avoid overboosting. You can search through various options on either k8stingerstore.com, or khartunerz.com.

The other big go-faster option is an ECU tune, but that would require removing and shipping your ECU, unless you live close to one of the tuners.

If you're still on stock brakes you will likely need to upgrade at some point, since the Stinger is known for brake pad deposits on the rotors causing vibration. Upgraded pads and rotors are a good idea, and can be found on either of the sites mentioned above, and others like R1concepts.com.

Hope that helps a little but we're here to help if you have further questions!

that’s awesome buddy ty so much for the info! Like I said , never done anything like this before so it’s nice to have some of ya to tell us what you think we should do!

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
that’s awesome buddy ty so much for the info! Like I said , never done anything like this before so it’s nice to have some of ya to tell us what you think we should do!
You're welcome. It's a fun process but just know modding can be addictive. 😂

OP
T

TOTLPKG

Reactions
City
London
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive