Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

Owners on lowered Stingers, how is your tire wear?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
it could have been from a bad install and not just minor alignment issues.
It would have been the worse install ATX!

I'm running 39lbs Psi and have no really inner tire wear... Am down on tread tho but that's just because of my stupid right foot lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
It would have been the worse install ATX!

I'm running 39lbs Psi and have no really inner tire wear... Am down on tread tho but that's just because of my stupid right foot lol

Yeah the dealer really botched the install. Are you getting the same tires or going to a different brand?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Yeah the dealer really botched the install. Are you getting the same tires or going to a different brand?
Something different. Didn't care how I went ice skating on damp roads that erie evening weeks back. If I keep these wheels might try a 275 out back

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
My tire wear is as expected. AKA normal.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
FYI K8AR, I have to get new rear tires for my Stinger at 13000 miles.

I admit I drove on lowered springs without the revised alignment for about 4000 of those miles.

I have to admit I drifted the car once and have used the launch mode more than a few times.

Any way you slice it those tires are soft and grippy and without much wheel spin they burned out too soon.

I'm replacing with same but when all fur need changing I'll be getting something different. Something with longer wear for a start.

Steve O.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Agreed, SPL makes really good quality stuff, maybe if we start a petition we may be able to get their attention. I will be down to get adjustable arms for Stinger from them.
Sign me up for the adjustable arms if a list is started. I have installed the Eibach Pro springs and F&R sway bars. Than installed Ultra racing chassis bracing and Shark racing aluminum bushings. Car handling is a Big improvement in handling and cornering

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Hey [MENTION=940]JAYP[/MENTION], did you get a lot of creaking in the sunroof when the shade is open but the glass is closed? With the addition of the bracing, did it eliminate, reduce or have no effect on that? I might add the braces if they improve the chassis torsionally. I don't think I need the stiffness for handling as I can't drive as fast as I want to anyway. :-(

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Interested on knowing this as well

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Hey [MENTION=940]JAYP[/MENTION], did you get a lot of creaking in the sunroof when the shade is open but the glass is closed? With the addition of the bracing, did it eliminate, reduce or have no effect on that? I might add the braces if they improve the chassis torsionally. I don't think I need the stiffness for handling as I can't drive as fast as I want to anyway. :-(
Being in Houston with 100 degrees i have not had my sunroof open to notice..Chassis bracing along with F&R sway bars installed will improve your ability to corner greatly

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
[MENTION=940]JAYP[/MENTION] He is referring to the sunroof making noise when the chasis flexes.

I have the same symptoms on mine and if those braces help with that, I'll consider getting them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
[MENTION=940]JAYP[/MENTION] He is referring to the sunroof making noise when the chasis flexes.

I have the same symptoms on mine and if those braces help with that, I'll consider getting them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I can only tell you how my open sunroof sounds now with the chassis bracing when I check it later today

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Cool. Just to be clear the shade needs to be open and the glass closed.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Cool. Just to be clear the shade needs to be open and the glass closed.
Checked tonight shade open glass Closed No sound/squeaky. Glass popped or full open no sound/squeaky. Let me know if you would like to meet so you can see how well the car handles.

Physicks

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Geez did you ever get this figured out ?
What did you lower on and was it the alignment ?

basysmith

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
I've had really bad inner tyre wear since lowering on Eibachs. I even put adjustable camber arms in but just got a flat today with a hole right on the inner edge of the tyre from excessive wear :(

Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I just replace my two rear tires. 8500 miles on Eibach springs caused both rears to wear on the inside of the tire. The driver side was to the steel belt. I let my car settle on the springs for 500 miles after the install and before I had the initial alignment done at a custom alignment shop not a chain store. The driver rear was worst than passenger side. The owner of the shop said it didn’t make sense because the driver rear had less camber than the other side. I plan to install the Megan rear camber bar this time and the shop owner thinks that is a good idea. But reading you have the after market camber bar and still have issues concerns me a bit. Anyone else have problems?
I do have 20 mil spacers on the car but they were on there from the start and the car was aligned with them on. The shop owner doubled the settings this time until I install the camber bars.