Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

Catch Can Thread

Nolan769

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger 2.0T
Look at all of the ROOM in that engine bay!!!! LOL
I know, I know..... But I commute way to much to justify getting the 3.3TT, if I pulled the trigger on that I might as well have gotten a used GTR.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
What???!!!.....a used GTR for $40k????...Where?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Lolololol

Nolan769

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger 2.0T

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
has anyone pressure/vacuum tested their catch cans? There are several different models being used. I'm planning to seal mine up before install. Sounds like it isn't the end of the world if there's a leak on these connections

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
has anyone pressure/vacuum tested their catch cans? There are several different models being used. I'm planning to seal mine up before install. Sounds like it isn't the end of the world if there's a leak on these connections
Thats why adding a check valve as a precaution between the OCC and intake manifold is a good idea.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
No one babies those cars, lol
I maaaaaayyyyy have known that.... LOL If I'm spending $50k it's on something new. *shrugs*

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I haven't yet but I KNOW that there's pretty sufficient vacuum on the 3.3L system. I have the single can by ADD1 that catches BOTH sides of the engine and even at idle there's pretty solid vacuum. My can has a dipstick and when I take it out you can hear the suck and it'll pull the stick out of my fingers and back into the can if I'm not grabbing it firmly. LOL

Nolan769

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger 2.0T
I maaaaaayyyyy have known that.... LOL If I'm spending $50k it's on something new. *shrugs*
Haha, I figured. I totally understand the new car thing, I just have a weakness for the GTR, lol

Ruturaj

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger
I am thinking about installing single or double (not dual inlet) oil catch can on mine. Anyone seeing any oil in CCV catch can? Not planning any intake, exhaust or tune. Just as it is with thicker sway bars.

Ruturaj

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger
I am not sure if I should get single or dual catch can from SXTH.

I read this

Once you increase the boost you will start accumulating oil on the breather side as you will start getting blow by, due to the increase in pressure.

in this thread (post from [MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION]).

I might do intake and cat back exhaust in future. Not planning to tune or do any other mods. Do I need dual?

If you are staying within the factory boost specs then you can get by with the PCV side only.

But if you are planning on adding a piggyback later on or an ECU tune, then dual is recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I am not sure if I should get single or dual catch can from SXTH.

I read this

Once you increase the boost you will start accumulating oil on the breather side as you will start getting blow by, due to the increase in pressure.

in this thread (post from [MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION]).

I might do intake and cat back exhaust in future. Not planning to tune or do any other mods. Do I need dual?
I got a single can that filters both sides from ADD W1. V3.3.