Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

Exhaust Thread

Reactions
City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Gotcha. Did you ever get a chance to go to RS Adrenaline Academy?
Nope. But, I've been to other driving courses (Subaru, Nissan, and special gov't type).

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Tork? I'd love to hear what they have to say about it!

Reactions
A long time ago when I had a V6 Tiburon, I had a stainless MBRP CBE for that car and it was awesome. That exhaust had probably over 160k miles on it and was quality.

So for the Stinger, it sounds great, priced reasonbly, and if you choose the SS option, will be super durable. My question is how is the drone, if at all? It sounds "boomy" outside so I would think it is inside as well, unfortunately...

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
My question is how is the drone, if at all? It sounds "boomy" outside so I would think it is inside as well, unfortunately...
There's going to be some drone inside the car but if you install some car sound deadening mat it will almost take the noise away.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
A gentleman on my facebook named Richard Bowen has a ARK Grip Catback Exhaust system For Sale $1350.00. It has about 200 miles on it and It's 2 weeks old. He lives in Kansas City, Missouri, If your interested PM me an I will get his number so you can give him a call....

Last edited:
Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
Hey everyone... This past weekend I upgraded from a 2018 to a 2020 GT2. I'm in the process of reinstalling my Tubi-style exhaust and trying to tap the rear fusebox in the trunk.

I am trying to power it from an "accessory" circuit so that it powers off when the car is turned off. On my 2018 the Tubi-Style ECU killed my battery multiple times; hence I have to power it from a fused circuit and not directly to the battery.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've tried multiple circuits and can not get the ECU any power at all. But it works fine if powered directly from the battery.

Any ideas/suggestions are much appreciate.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Can you run a relay where your power comes from the battery but the signal power come from the accessory?

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
Can you run a relay where your power comes from the battery but the signal power come from the accessory?
Hmmm... Sounds like a good idea, though well beyond my electrical knowledge. Lol. I'll do some google searches.

Thanks!

Reactions
A long time ago when I had a V6 Tiburon, I had a stainless MBRP CBE for that car and it was awesome. That exhaust had probably over 160k miles on it and was quality.

So for the Stinger, it sounds great, priced reasonbly, and if you choose the SS option, will be super durable. My question is how is the drone, if at all? It sounds "boomy" outside so I would think it is inside as well, unfortunately...
I have the MBRP and it’s growly outside but no drone under constant throttle/normal driving inside

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I have the MBRP and it’s growly outside but no drone under constant throttle/normal driving inside
It’s perfect if you haven’t done a downpipe

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
MBRP is what I'm going to go with.

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
Anyone else have any ideas on how to draw power properly from the rear fuse panel?

I've tried an "add-a-circuit" to no avail.

Thanks.

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
Well... I finally sat down, watched a few YouTube videos and figured it out. I used an Add-A-Fuse to tap the 30A ACC circuit, added a 10A circuit to power the Tubi-Style ECU. Now, whenever I turn the car off, the power goes off. No more dead batteries!

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
@mjsteelega thats great to hear. Any photos for reference. Need to do this soon.

KiaTech9

Reactions
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger
I'm going with ARK down-pipes and stock mufflers. Does anyone know of a good x-pipe that connects to the downpipes and to the stock mufflers?

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I'm going with ARK down-pipes and stock mufflers. Does anyone know of a good x-pipe that connects to the downpipes and to the stock mufflers?
You might be better off asking an exhaust shop to make one for you if that’s all you’re looking to do.

Reactions
City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2

ht_addict

Reactions
City
Hamilton
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT Limited
MBRP installed in my 2020. Love the sound.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
I just installed a thermal R&D - from the audio clips and overall design it seems quite similar to the MBRP, however a little more $ and no X crossover. The Thermal is polished 304 SS