Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

Intake Thread

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 RWD White
Has anyone changed out parts and then had service and had issues with the dealership?

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
Has anyone changed out parts and then had service and had issues with the dealership?
I've had mine serviced multiple times with my intakes, catback, and catch cans installed and not had an issue. The techs even commented on how much better the car sounds now.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 RWD White
Call me weird, but I don't think I want two red filters in my grille. I suppose I could find black ones though.....

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
Has there been a list compiled of gains from each brand? Leaning towards Stillen right now, just a much cleaner look imo and comes with heat shields.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
If you are looking for Heat shields, take a look at the JT CAI as well.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I didn't think those were for sale yet?
oh ok, I take it they're still in the development stage, It's a great design for a cold intake if there was a way to keep the rain off them and if they were easy to take off to clean.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1
Planning to take it to an independent shop closer to my house with a MUCH better rep. Kia dealerships don't appear to be distinguishing themselves, at least locally. Unless someone knows of a Seattle area dealer that's doing better?

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1
So far I recommend the Injen intakes...great sound, and I even think the seat dyno detects a difference. Or perhaps that's wishful thinking.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Planning to take it to an independent shop closer to my house with a MUCH better rep. Kia dealerships don't appear to be distinguishing themselves, at least locally. Unless someone knows of a Seattle area dealer that's doing better?
I'm not sure where you live in Seattle but there's a shop called Tork Motorsports in Auburn, check them out. Here's the address and phone number.

253-887-8305

Tork Motorsports
3722 Auburn Way N. #208
Auburn, WA 98002

welcome & congrats on your purchase.....

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1
I'm not sure where you live in Seattle but there's a shop called Tork Motorsports in Auburn, check them out. Here's the address and phone number.

253-887-8305

Tork Motorsports
3722 Auburn Way N. #208
Auburn, WA 98002

welcome & congrats on your purchase.....
Indeed, just realized they're relatively close. Thinking maybe I might have to get in touch for purchasing/installing springs and such - that's not something I want to tackle without a lift. Thanks!

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Indeed, just realized they're relatively close. Thinking maybe I might have to get in touch for purchasing/installing springs and such - that's not something I want to tackle without a lift. Thanks!
Sounds good, make sure to take some pictures & post them...…..

Reactions
I installed the Injen system a month ago. Saw no appreciable change in performance or sound. Otherwise it's working fine.

They could do a better job with instructions pix (black & white!) and fit. Not terrible but, cumbersome. I suggest you have a friend handy for the installation as some things require three hands

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I installed half of my parts from JonnyTig. I had the parts Cerakoted, Brembo red an Satin Gunmetal....What do you think..

Attachments

Last edited: