Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

PPF, Ceramic Coating or both?

BobsDad

Reactions
City
Winnipeg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2023 G80 3.5T Sport Plus AWD
Just took possession of my 2023 3.5T G80 Sport Plus. There's nothing quite like that showroom finish when you first get that new vehicle. I'm considering getting her both Paint Protection Film and Ceramic Coating. I understand that both provide different protections but am curious if any of you have had both applied and what are your thoughts. IMG_2355.jpg IMG_2356.jpg

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I have PPF on the front of the car & then paint correction ceramic coating on the rest of the car.

OP
B

BobsDad

Reactions
City
Winnipeg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
...and it would appear that you are happy with the results. The shine/finish is uniform throughout?

Reactions
City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Entire car is CQuartz coated and I have SunTek PPF on the front end of the car. And that also has CQuartz on it. I would never skip this on any car I care to own.

The ceramic coating will help keep that factory shine, but won't do squat for protection from small debris. Conversely, the PPF will protect the car, but won't help with hydroscopic properties that coating can provide (this presumes the coating is applied to either the paint or PPF). Ceramic coating also makes washing the car faster because you won't trap as much dirt.

OP
B

BobsDad

Reactions
City
Winnipeg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
Entire car is CQuartz coated and I have SunTek PPF on the front end of the car. And that also has CQuartz on it. I would never skip this on any car I care to own.

The ceramic coating will help keep that factory shine, but won't do squat for protection from small debris. Conversely, the PPF will protect the car, but won't help with hydroscopic properties that coating can provide (this presumes the coating is applied to either the paint or PPF). Ceramic coating also makes washing the car faster because you won't trap as much dirt.
I decided to go with SunTek PPF on the front as well followed by two coats of CeramicPro 9H. I've only had her back for a couple of weeks but you're right, it is quite noticeable how much easier it is to clean, especially around the rims and callipers.