Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

Same size tires front and rear on GT

Guzman

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
I just purchased a Stinger GT with the staggered tire sizes. The rear wheels are slightly wider (half an inch). I was wondering if there would be any problem replacing the tires with the same size tires when they need replacing. I was thinking of going 225 at all four corners. My winter tires are 225 all around on winter wheels and it seems totally fine.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
I just purchased a Stinger GT with the staggered tire sizes. The rear wheels are slightly wider (half an inch). I was wondering if there would be any problem replacing the tires with the same size tires when they need replacing. I was thinking of going 225 at all four corners. My winter tires are 225 all around on winter wheels and it seems totally fine.

Thanks in advance.
Technically you could go 225 all around but you may not like how stretched its going to look in the rear.

OP
G

Guzman

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Thread Starter #3
Technically you could go 225 all around but you may not like how stretched its going to look in the rear.
Thanks for the reply. By stretched do you mean the tire stretched on the wheel?

Also I noticed I started this in the wrong section....newbie mistake.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
To me, 225-mm tires (on all 4 corners) seem quite narrow for a 2-ton car. I would consider 255 or wider with properly-sized wheels to match.

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. By stretched do you mean the tire stretched on the wheel?

Also I noticed I started this in the wrong section....newbie mistake.
Yes. I agree with [MENTION=1721]POS VETT[/MENTION] and go a bit wider

Lemmers

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States

Thanks in advance.
I wouldn't go with 225 on the rears, that's so small. Honestly tires are one of the most important safety item on the car, I would stick with the recommend tire size or find another set of used 19x8 OEM wheels for the rears. Then you can have the same size all around.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada

Thanks in advance.
Welcome aboard and congrats, seems everyone has offered some great advice here.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
agree with [MENTION=1721]POS VETT[/MENTION] and [MENTION=959]Lemmers[/MENTION] you will not only be stretching the rear tire, but will be also sacrificing grip and altering the driving dynamics of the car in a bad way. Stick with the OEM size or go slightly wider.

CptNut

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
agree with [MENTION=1721]POS VETT[/MENTION] and [MENTION=959]Lemmers[/MENTION] you will not only be stretching the rear tire, but will be also sacrificing grip and altering the driving dynamics of the car in a bad way. Stick with the OEM size or go slightly wider.
One other thing I'd like to mention, is under-sizing the tire puts your rims at extreme risk of curb rash. I've had my tires save me a few times when I cut a corner just a little too sharp while parking and felt the tire start rubbing but I had just enough time to stop before the rim made contact. If the rim sticks out more than the tire, most likely its your rim that's going to alert you whenever you make unwanted contact. [eek]

Reactions
City
Clinton
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GTS
So I just got a set of tires and for the factory Kia Stinger wheels and they are 245/35/19 for the fronts and 275/30/19 for the rear they look slightly wider and the grip is a bit better especially over those summer tires. It appears as if I still have some space in the front since the tires are slightly stretched. I may go for 255/30/19's in the front and 285/25/19's in the rear.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
So I just got a set of tires and for the factory Kia Stinger wheels and they are 245/35/19 for the fronts and 275/30/19 for the rear they look slightly wider and the grip is a bit better especially over those summer tires. It appears as if I still have some space in the front since the tires are slightly stretched. I may go for 255/30/19's in the front and 285/25/19's in the rear.
Yes you can run a 255 in the front & if you have a 18x10.5 45 to 48 offset on the rear you can run a 295. My setup is 19x8.5 35 19x11 50 255/295

Rat Fink

Reactions
City
Alpharetta
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Lexus
I went with 235/45 all around. I have 2K miles and like it just fine so far.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
The biggest you can fit is 275, 265 for sure.