Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

Sway Bars and where to buy them.

Reactions
Hey Guys,
I have been wanting to get a set of White Line sway bars from my Stinger GT, but with no luck. I put an order in, in the beginning of Dec and it was canceled because they where out of stock. White Line told me, it would be the end of Dec/ Beginning of Jan. As of a phone call today, now there telling me it will be sometime in Feb....So im about done waiting for White Line, and starting looking at Eibach, but cant seem to get an answer of any kits in stock. Anyone know of any venders that have that kit in stock, or heck even the White Line Kit...Thank you for any help..

Sean

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I got my Whiteline Kit from Nick at Khartunerz.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Why Whiteline specifically? Price? (Valid reason).

My understanding is Eibach are the only ones currently that come with greasable mounts with standard Zerk fittings.

I've had polyurethane bushings on all my cars since forever, but the noises become intolerable after a few Toronto winters.

I do not have aftermarket sways yet on my stinger.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thankfully I’ve yet to experience any noise from my non-greaseable whiteline bars. I’ve had them on for a while now.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Thankfully I’ve yet to experience any noise from my non-greaseable whiteline bars. I’ve had them on for a while now.
I think it was my 2nd or 3rd year on my previous car when I started having to re-grease the pivot bushings after winters... And then it become more and more frequent, and annoying.

I tried various lubes and none were good enough in my opinion . Sil-Glyde was probably the best I have used for keeping quiet for the longest time between re-greasing.

It's not the end of the world if you have to either re-grease the bushings or replace them. They aren't even expensive. But in my old age, I would appreciate a solution that is externally re-greasable with Zerk fittings.

Reactions
City
Lakewood ranch
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT1 RWD.
Steveogt1. I have 2019 stinger with a radio that does not come when I start the car .must turn off an restart. Called Kia corporation and they didn't have a clue. Go figure. Is any one else have the same problem and can help. About the sway bar Protuners has a rear sway bar for $ 253.00.that would be a Eibach.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome, haven't heard anyone complain about the stereo not coming on, just asking but is there a setting in the head unit, or is it just a black screen. If it's just a black screen it's probably a defective head unit.

scottWB

Reactions
Has anyone tried the ARK performance sway bars? I would like to tune out some body roll but does upgrading the sway bars make the carried more harsh?

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
If you’re trying to ask if sway bars makes the ride more harsh, no, I haven’t noticed that. It does make it just slightly firmer in my opinion. But, if you have the electronic suspension, you might not notice it.

Reactions
City
Lakewood ranch
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT1 RWD.
Hi just ordered Eibach front and rear sway bars. They were on sale for 397.49 including shipping to Florida. Call Pro Tuners in California and talk to Anthony he gave me a 10% tax discount. He was nice to deal with. Best price I could find. STEVOGT1

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
OP
Sean R
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
I have wanted to stay with White Line, because I have used there products on other cars in the past and had good luck with them. I ended up waiting, and my bars should be shipping out next week. White Line was good about everything and honored the discount that they had back in Nov...(yes I have been waiting that long) so my set of bars was around $278...They also where nice enough to apply that discount to a set of the end links front and rear, so the full set was $178...White Line was happy to hear about my history with their products and that I ended up willing to wait, and they did a good job of taking care of a long time customer..I have had a lot of luck using there products on a BMW M3, Mazda Speed 3, Infin G37, Mustang GT 500, and will now get to use them on this car...

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 StingerGT2 AWD
Well, Just ordered the White Line bars with adjustable end links both front and rear for $490 Shipped from Pro Import Tuners. You were right Lakewood Ranch...Anthony is the best. The "State" drop down box on the "on-line" order form some how defaulted to AL not Florida which I selected. I E-mailed Customer Support and he answered back almost immediately even though it is not their normal business hours. (+/- 15 minutes). Great folks so far as I can tell. Now Sean R, I hope I'll like these bars. I couldn't pass up the fact that this set comes with the adjustable end links already. I've had Eibach bars on other vehicles before and had no issues, but thought I would give these White Lines a try. And if I need to, it's not hard to set up the saddle mounts with grease fittings (I've done it before).

Attachments

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 StingerGT2 AWD
(UPDATE) Pro Line Tuners Called (Oscar), COVID-19 Strikes again... Back-Order from White Line, looks like delivery will not happen until last half of October. Good thing I don't have a track date to go and have to have these things. Heck, I've waited two years to do any serious bolt on mods. I guess another month or two won't hurt me...Much...:cautious:

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I haven’t had any noise issues with my Whiteline bars so far. Been installed for a while now

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 StingerGT2 AWD
Received mine (Sway bars with end links) Thursday. I'll be headed out to my shop to install them in a few minutes. I may still add a grease zirk to the bushing mount but I will have to take a good look at everything first. Even though it has taken a little bit to receive them, I still can't say enough positive remarks about the folks at Pro Line Tuners. They have been in almost weekly contact with me letting me know what the status was throughout the wait.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 StingerGT2 AWD
Didn't bother with grease zirks. No need in my honest opinion. Front has plenty of protection from the under belly shield and the back is far enough up over the chassis that not much moisture will be able to wash the poly grease out of the bushing. Good to go and much improved handling with a little fiddling on end link length. Cant wait to go back roading when I can find a road with some decent corners here near Cocoa Florida.

Mrchapel

Reactions
City
Roscoe
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT.
Hey everyone. Full kit (end links etc?) vs just sway bars. Can someone tell me benefits difference? First time ordering sea bars and driving cars on tracks

any help is appreciated!

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Changing out the sway bars is the best mod you can do. The car handles completely different, hardly any role. When you install sway bars your gonna want to change the endlinks, the stock endlinks will not last with aftermarket sway bars. I've heard of a few guys that bent their stock endlinks an also destroyed the ball joint of the stock endlinks.