Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

Who's experienced issues with the Lap 3 Uncle Chip?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Thanks for the info guys. More research for me :)

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Has anyone installed an oil catch can? The K5 Optima store recommends it for the uncle lap3 chip, however I don?t see this recommendation on the RafeChip website.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Has anyone installed an oil catch can? The K5 Optima store recommends it for the uncle lap3 chip, however I don?t see this recommendation on the RafeChip website.
An OCC is recommended for use on a stock tune too. It really doesn't matter what tune/chip you're running, the results speak for themselves.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I have been running the LAP3 for 2 months with the recommended plugs and oil catch cans and have experienced 0 issues. I run it on the 93 setting and I only use 93 Octane. I have several other mods such as an intake and full exhaust with down pipes and secondary cat delete. It's stupid fast and sounds ridiculously awesome. I'm very happy with the upgrades and the LAP3 has performed flawlessly.

Reactions
And less than a month later, after the post w/2 months under the proverbial belt, the uncle chip is back on the market.

What gives?