Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

Kia Stinger LAP3 Review for 2.0

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
[MENTION=464]Rufus[/MENTION] I would check with Lap3. I think they recommend against a lower octane setting and running higher octane fuel.
I can't think of a reason why this would be an issue??

Bryan2.0

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
[MENTION=320]Bubbabiker[/MENTION] what I read was if you only have access to 92 octane you would have to use the 91 octane setting on the chip not the 93. Sorry for my confusion on this.

Bryan2.0

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
So I got my Lap3 chip today and installed it. Huge difference, there is zero lag or having to wait for RPM to build up. It is just instant power now! I?m not sure I can switch to any of the other drive mode now other than sport and will be needing to start a tire fund.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
So I got my Lap3 chip today and installed it. Huge difference, there is zero lag or having to wait for RPM to build up. It is just instant power now! I?m not sure I can switch to any of the other drive mode now other than sport and will be needing to start a tire fund.
How's the car running so far? (fingers crossed, as I have a 2.0 as well, and am rat-holing money away in the hopes it performs as advertised!) With the posts regarding chip-related and/or OE plug issues, I'd love to see an update :)

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
How's the car running so far? (fingers crossed, as I have a 2.0 as well, and am rat-holing money away in the hopes it performs as advertised!) With the posts regarding chip-related and/or OE plug issues, I'd love to see an update :)
Same here.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
If you're running the Chip on the 2.0T we require (like on the Optima) to upgrade to the HKS MK45XL plugs to safely run the chip

[MENTION=320]Bubbabiker[/MENTION] what I read was if you only have access to 92 octane you would have to use the 91 octane setting on the chip not the 93. Sorry for my confusion on this.
Yes if you have 92 run the 91 Octane setting, NOT the 93!

Bryan2.0

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
[MENTION=464]Rufus[/MENTION] The car is running great, loving the extra kick it now has. I haven?t had any misfire or plug issues as some of the others have described. I am still running my stock plugs but will be changing them out shortly as recommended.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
[MENTION=464]Rufus[/MENTION] The car is running great, loving the extra kick it now has. I haven?t had any misfire or plug issues as some of the others have described. I am still running my stock plugs but will be changing them out shortly as recommended.
From what I've gathered so far on this forum, the majority of piggyback chip plug failures are on the GT. I might be wrong though.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
[MENTION=441]Marty17[/MENTION] how's the tune holding up?

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0l Premium
I was wondering as well.

Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
If these guys are running the tune fine on stock plugs then I see no reason to spend the extra money on the HKS MK45XL.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
If these guys are running the tune fine on stock plugs then I see no reason to spend the extra money on the HKS MK45XL.
It more precautionary. We know that with the plugs there won't be issues as we've run the same set up on the 2.0T with the Optima and Sonata. The plugs are required to protect yourself and your engine

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0l Premium
Better safe than sorry.

Firemedix - Lakeland, FL

'96 Ford Bronco XLT
'03 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
'18 Kia Stinger 2.0 Premium (Micro Blue)

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Great to see all the 2.0 owners having zero issues so far with the chip.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia K900 V8
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Kia Optima SX, 1972 911 Targa
I emailed David at the store in march and he said the 2.0T factory Stinger plugs were fine with no need to upgrade. I'm checking in now to see if that's changed. Did it?

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
I emailed David at the store in march and he said the 2.0T factory Stinger plugs were fine with no need to upgrade. I'm checking in now to see if that's changed. Did it?
That was never a recommendation when using the Lap3 Chip. David is the owner of the company and I know wouldnt recommend that to anyone