Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

Limited Slip Dif in the 2.0L?

McSlade

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Focus RS
Does anyone know if the limited slip dif is only available in the GT? Will it be standard in the 2.0L as well? Will it be an option for the 2.0L?

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I remember reading that both engine options share the 8 speed transmission with limited slip differential. The AWD gets torque vectoring.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States

Rennokas

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Estonia
What I Drive
Kia Sportage 2011
I have read that the LSD will be optional on RWD versions (2.0T and 3.3TT). Not a standard feature :(

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I have read that the LSD will be optional on RWD versions (2.0T and 3.3TT). Not a standard feature :(
Interesting, I wonder if it varies between different countries.

Rennokas

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Estonia
What I Drive
Kia Sportage 2011
Can be yes, LSD in snow makes somewhat sense.

C4RN4GE

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
03 Turbo IS300, 16' Optima EX daily
Does anyone know if the limited slip dif is only available in the GT? Will it be standard in the 2.0L as well? Will it be an option for the 2.0L?
http://www.kiastinger.org/forum/thr...both-RWD-amp-AWD-4cyl-amp-V6)?p=1487#post1487

Updated all the US spec trim levels, standard options, and packages for ya.

V6 TT is the only one that will get the LSD and it's only available in the RWD model.

*but I'm sure wait a while and people will be swapping in the LSD from the V6 to the turbo 4cyl. ;)

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
Glad to know its availble on all trim levels.

Allan

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I ended up buying a GT without the lsd as the dealer said it is only available in yellow in the GT trim; not available at all in the GT1 trim and standard in the GT 2 trim. I don?t like the yellow (I purchased one in white), and wasn?t willing to spend an extra 10 grand to get the lsd in GT 2 trim.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
I ended up buying a GT without the lsd as the dealer said it is only available in yellow in the GT trim; not available at all in the GT1 trim and standard in the GT 2 trim. I don?t like the yellow (I purchased one in white), and wasn?t willing to spend an extra 10 grand to get the lsd in GT 2 trim.
Judging from this thread's date the information might have changed. From kia.com you can get LSD an an option on the GT regardless of color. It comes standard on the GT2. And for someone odd reason only known to Kia it's not an option on the GT1.

Allan

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Yes, it shows as an option, but when I tried to order one with the lsd, it wouldn?t let the dealer do so. Has anybody been able to order the GT with the lsd as an option (besides the yellow special edition)?

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Maybe our forum guru [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] may be able to shed some light on this.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Maybe our forum guru [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] may be able to shed some light on this.
Hey folks. Okay, so the LSD is part of the ADAS system AND AWD. So, if you choose the RWD model in GT and want the LSD, you need to add the ADAS package. It's standard on the GT2 because ADAS is also standard. They ONLY way to get the LSD in a GT1 is to take AWD.

Colors do NOT dictate the LSD, except in the even of getting the Sunset yellow in a GT with RWD because they did NOT produce any Sunset GT RWD models with ADAS.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Hey folks. Okay, so the LSD is part of the ADAS system AND AWD. So, if you choose the RWD model in GT and want the LSD, you need to add the ADAS package. It's standard on the GT2 because ADAS is also standard. They ONLY way to get the LSD in a GT1 is to take AWD.
It was my understanding that AWD did not use LSD on the rear axle. Am I wrong? Makes a difference on the rear end lube used when changing it. Wish we had access to service manuals, but it's all online these days and proprietary.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
It was my understanding that AWD did not use LSD on the rear axle. Am I wrong? Makes a difference on the rear end lube used when changing it. Wish we had access to service manuals, but it's all online these days and proprietary.
Technically, that is correct. The LSD is close to the same thing that the torque vectoring system does. LSD is mechanical and the TV is electronic. They both will push the power to the tire with grip.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
OK. I didn't think the mechanical LSD was used on the AWD.